First time knitter

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kittysyarn wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 10:40 PM

Hi everyone, I am currently knitting my very first scarf! I've run into a bit of a problem, though ): the very first stich on my needle is no longer connected to the yarn on the ball( I hope that makes sense) usually when you continue knitting, the yarn coming directly from the ball is connected to the first stich, and when you pull on the yarn, the stich tightens. This is no longer the case for me because the yarn is now doing that on the second stich, and skipping the first. I believe this problem was caused by a previous problem...  I took out my needle and unraveled and entire row, so that I could reinsert my needle on the row before it( in hopes I could just start that row over).  The whole row looks correct, all except that first stitch! Sorry this took so long, but I'm trying to give. This scarf to my grandmother, and I will be returning home in about five days. I'm nearly done but this problem arose ): THank you in advance and happy holidays!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Dec 29, 2011 11:54 PM
It sounds like you slipped the first stitch instead of knitting it. Slip your right needle into the stitch like your going to knit it, but don't. Turn your work like your starting a new row and knit the one stitch on what is now your left needle. Then you can turn your work and work your next row normally. I hope this helps. Good luck on your project!
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kittysyarn wrote
on Dec 30, 2011 12:13 AM

Thanks a lot(:

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS