Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Sep 26, 2008 11:57 AM | Locked

I would also like a copy--     Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MaS wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 4:49 PM | Locked

I need your emaiil address to send the pattern.

marianne

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MaS wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 5:29 PM | Locked

OK, I think I have mailed the pattern to everyone. If I have skipped anyone leave a message here.  for some reason my email server has been putting the requests that are sent via  this site to my junk email box. 

Marianne

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Moller wrote
on Sep 30, 2008 5:15 AM | Locked

Hi Marianne

I'm new here and a beginner in knitting. Would you be so kind as to send me the pattern for the sunrise circle jacket by kate gilbert. I've tried the links posted above but there seems to be some kind of trouble with it. It won't open for me :(

Thank you so much

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on Sep 30, 2008 10:47 AM | Locked

I hate to be a wet blanket...but the Sunrise Circle Jacket is no longer ours to legally distribute. And it's not legal for other folks to send around copies of the PDF. The only one with the right to distribute the patterns is the one who holds the copyright, and that's the designer at present.

So please do not send around copies of any PDF you find in an archive, or any PDF you have. Send the person to the original website you got the PDF from; if the PDF is no longer available, then...it's out of print. Sad but true. If you send around copies of the PDF, it hurts the designer, who in this case is a mom with a toddler at home, trying to make a living to support her family.

The free pattern on our site was a limited time offer, which we contracted for with the designer. That time period is over, so the pattern's availability is over.

Those internet archives often violate copyrights and contracts, which everyone is trying to work on.

Help support our designers, Don't pass around illegal PDFs.

OK, that's my wet blanket speech. I really appreciate your help with this. It's something we are all learning how to deal with!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 260
Tephra wrote
on Sep 30, 2008 11:14 AM | Locked

Sandi, I suggest that Interweave's legal representative contact Archive.org (info@archive.org) about having the content from the assorted Interweave domains excluded from their project. Also, the wed development people need to update their robots exclusions. Granted, updating robots.txt won't keep out all spiders, but it will keep out the larger, responsible, ones like Archive.org.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MaS wrote
on Sep 30, 2008 2:45 PM | Locked

Sandi, If I get what you are saying, I am plagerizing!!  I have never plagerized in my life!!!  Isn't that the same thing that those people with music- Napster  (or something like that)  got arrested for doing?  OH my!!  I can go to jail!!!  Can you knit in jail? they can fine me too!! What a week- first my retierment money goes and now my freedom!!

will anyone come visit me? marianne

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on Oct 6, 2008 7:22 AM | Locked

Sorry folks, but I am going to lock this thread. Ms. Gilbert has specifically asked not to be contacted in regards to this pattern. I have also removed email addresses from this thread, as it is a perfect harvest ground for Spambots.

Distributing this pattern is a DIRECT CONFLICT with the designer's wishes. Please respect them.

Sincerely,

Kat

No matter where you go, there you are.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 8, 2008 12:59 PM | Locked

Dear Kat,

Apologies for getting into or starting conflict regarding this pattern. I had looked everywhere for a copy of the pattern FOR SALE, including the designer's website, as I am happy to pay for my patterns, and BEFORE attempting to contact other knitters about it.  I wrote to KNITS to ask if it was still available as well..in any format, for sale or not.  I missed the posting and download of the top 5 Readers Choice patterns, of which this was one, and also saw many previous posts on this website of folks requesting copies for/from each other. 

I was unaware of the designer's wishes on this, thanks for alerting us.  It looks like a great pattern and I hope that Kate someday offers it again for purchase.

Sincerely,

Lorell Girard

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mebeam wrote
on Oct 14, 2008 12:55 PM | Locked

I don't think anyone is going to go to jail...but, yes, you can knit in jail...remember the poncho that Martha Stewart came out of jail wearing?...that was knit by a fellow inmate.

Generally the criminal justice system is not going to prosecute a knitter for sharing a pattern with another knitter...usually the distinction to be charged with plagarizim is distributing something you do not "own" to generate a "profit."

With that said I would love to get a copy of this pattern.

I saw this pattern many moons ago but did not get it at the time...but the sweater has stuck in my mind...then just today I saw it in an old magazine someone brought to my knitting group today...but I am not finding it is had to get.

Hey, Interweave...why don't you help out this young mother with a young child by contracting for the pattern again?...a win-win for everyone!!!

NOTE FROM Kat:

Hey Guys, We'd love to offer this pattern but Kate has asked that it not be re-released. We ask that you RESPECT HER WISHES

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS