Urchins and Limpets blanket, need help!

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
marifu wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 3:55 AM

Hi guys! 

I've saved up to buy enough yarn to crochet this beautiful blanket, and was sooo looking forward to start it. Only to see I run in to trouble at the fourth row! lol! I'm hoping someone can help me out, I've been googling, but I'm not really getting any answers.
The pattern says "RND 4: Ch 1, sc into side of last sc of prev rnd, sc in next sc" 

What does this mean? Side of last sc? I tried doing it literally, and it turned out like a little weird lump and didn't look very fluid or nice at all. I tried ignoring and just continuing the pattern, which looked a lot better, but I'm afraid I'll have to unravel down the line if it turns out wrong. All the rounds from four on start like this, so there has to be something to it, right? 

Thanks for any help!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 137
chewchew wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 5:08 AM

I found a picture and instructions for that mod-sc - not sure if it will help you. But here goes:

Working into the side of the previous sc, insert hook under the two vertical bars at the side of the sc, yo and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook. 

Is this what you tried already and didn't look right?  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
marifu wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 5:37 AM

Aah! That makes more sense! No, what I did was that I managed to sc into the other side. It was quite the hassle, and very silly now that I see how it's supposed to be done. :D

Thanks! That was a big help! I'll be trying it out tonight. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS