Beginner-Need advice

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
daughe426 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 1:10 PM

Hello I am very interested in learning how to knit. I want to learn but am unsure of where to begin. What tools do I need to buy? Is there a class I can take? Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 138
chewchew wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 2:04 PM

I would check with a local yarn store - usually they have classes.  There are also some great video's on youtube.  If you want to go the book route - your local store should be able to help you with that also.  Maybe someone on the forums knows of some good books or links to youtube. 

Maybe start with some size 10 needles and some worsted acrylic weight yarn (that's what I started my niece on and seemed to be easier for her to use).  I say acrylic because you don't want to spend a lot of money on something you most likely will have to rip out and start over with.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lynneth wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 10:21 PM

Hi! 

Liion Brand Yarns is a pretty good site if you get stuck or simply want an online reference source.  They have a number of "learn to" options.  Here's a link: http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?store=/stores/eyarn&learnToKnit=1

Good luck, and have fun!  

Lynne

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS