Boutique Knits KAL

This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 90
on Aug 27, 2008 10:57 AM

Boutique KnitsBoutique Knits by Laura Irwin
Participate in our KAL and upload photos and multimedia of your FOs, talk about specific patterns, and share your interpretations of the designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on Nov 4, 2008 2:53 PM

Hello!
To post your images for the KAL, use the instructions for uploading your photos in this post 
Let's see your pictures, talk about your progress, tips, hiccups and more!
Kat

No matter where you go, there you are.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PAULAM@3 wrote
on Nov 5, 2008 11:02 AM

I was visiting my Niece last weekend in Minneapolis, and wanted to take her yarn/pattern shopping so I could make her something she would pick out.  We found this wonderful book in the Bella Lana shop in Minneapolis.  My Niece fell in love with everything in the book, and after looking through it, I decided there were many things that a "novice" could tackle.  I look forward to making many of the items for my Niece in the year to come.  I will come back and post as I have someting to share.  I will be making the shibori scarf, the ruffled hat on the cover, the half-felted scarf, and the vest for starters.  I can't wait!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
Eileen wrote
on Nov 5, 2008 12:02 PM

Wow, you are ambitious! After attempting two separate Aran knit projects, I had to give up as the instructions just didn't work out. However, in searching through FREE Knitting patterns, I found a great top that looks crochet but through double yo's and k2tog stitching, it ends up looking like nothing I ever thought I could make. I do not know how to crochet (yet) and love the results of this stitch pattern.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
AIRknitter wrote
on Nov 5, 2008 12:12 PM

From the projects shown on KD this is a MUST HAVE book. After knitting for 50+ years I thought I would never see a project that yelled "must knit"...I'm out the door in a moment to the nearest book shop to purchase this book. Yes, I have already called ahead and Boutique Knits is waiting patiently for me.

There is a time to be born and a time to die. 
A time to laugh and a time to cry,
 but there never seems to be enough time to knit.
Not Ranked
Posts 2
DonnaC@2 wrote
on Nov 6, 2008 1:07 AM

I saw this book in the Knitting Daily email yesterday and have ordered it straight away.  I just love the Bittersweet gauntlets and can't wait to start.  Anyone else making these?

Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 10
LisaA wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 9:37 AM

Please find my posting with picture of pleated denim purse at this URL:  http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/p/1437/21132.aspx#21132
I had originally posted it under KAL, and they moved it, I think because I mentioned I had found the pattern in a certain magazine, which I will not name so this will not be moved as well!Smile  Has anyone else made this?  Let me know what you think,  Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 1
wonsetahi wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 7:31 AM

What a beautiful book, with awesome patterns.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Miriam_mack wrote
on Dec 29, 2008 2:57 PM

I just knit the Side Slip Cloche which was the project that really attracted me to this book. I used Plymouth Baby Alpaca and Noro Kujaku, I added color work to the body of the hat giving it a faux isle appearance. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
eveneve wrote
on Dec 30, 2008 10:15 PM

My husband bought me this book yesterday with his Christmas Borders gift card. He is so sweet :) Out of all the knitting books in their section I chose this one. I started the "Side Slip Cloche" project today but chose it because of the projects "Hoodie Devoted", "Teak Bittersweet Gauntlets", the "Argyle Lace Hat" and the ambitious "Soft Kid Bubble" but I also look forward to knitting the "Beaded fair Isle Hat", "Pleated Denim Purse", "Bamboo Diamond Shell", "Ruffled Neck Kerchief", "Whiskey Felted Cap", "Plain Talk Ruffled Mittens", "Heather Headband", "Sunshine Intarsia Bag" and the "Soflty Pleated Sleeves". I'll post pictures when I finish projects :)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
eveneve wrote
on Jan 21, 2009 1:49 PM

Plain Talk Ruffles Mittens 

here are the plain talk ruffled mittens

side slip cloche hat

& the side slip cloche hat

Not Ranked
Posts 4
eveneve wrote
on Mar 8, 2009 7:52 PM

ruffled neck kerchief

ruffled neck kerchief I loved this pattern

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jenwren110 wrote
on Jan 25, 2010 10:02 PM

This is a beautiful book and I love many of the designs.

I have already made the Whiskey felted hat.

It came out cute looking but not like the picture. Argghhh.(shorter in height and back slopes at an angle not straight up and down like picture) the front is highish like the book photo but the back slopes out and I didnt know how to keep that side straight up and down.

I used the same yarn as in book and am certain i had correct gauge on the knitted gauge. They did give a felted gauge measurement which I didn't check because I thought the small gauge piece would felt quicker than tthe hat anyway so what was the point?

‘course this is really the first felted item I’ve ever made so maybe there is some felting mystery I do not know? ; ) I sure hope someone here makes the hat and will let me know their results.

Jenny

Not Ranked
Posts 1
iamclark wrote
on Nov 11, 2013 7:55 AM

I am in need of knitted covers for my special stuff which I have bought from http://www.shoppingformen.com.au/product-category/fun-and-games-gift-ideas/ last month, and I wanted to dress it with new design so at least not only safe but also because it is unique.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS