Men's sock patterns

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Carol@416 wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 11:57 AM

My husband has size 10 1/2 EEE shoe size.  I rarely find men's sock patterns, never mind any for really wide feet.  Any suggestions?  I'd  love to see some content in Sockupied on this.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 6:46 PM

Good question! We've published several designs that would be appropriate for men, some sized up to a men's 10 or more. One thing I'd like to do is teach options for customizing so that you could adapt any pattern you'd like to be wider or narrower.

What is your husband's foot circumference in inches? What's his calf circumference? 

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Deborra wrote
on Feb 5, 2012 6:52 PM

I too am looking for a way to make socks to exactly fit my husband's feet.  He has a calf size which is larger than commercial socks, 15 inches.  But he also has a soccer injury which has enlarged the joint of one toe.  Perhaps suggestions for extra tough yarn, hints on how to reinforce around the big toe / ball of feet, patterns for work socks and dress socks.  My goal is to provide all his socks so he never has to shop at Walmart again!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 5, 2012 10:28 PM

Hi Deborah

have you tried toe up socks? I find that is the easiest way to make sure of a really good comfortable fit. You try them on as you go that way if one foot needs a little more width at the toe or ball of foot or something you can make the adjustment from the beginning.

This past year I learned the magic loop toe up sock knitting and now am able to make a pair at a time.

Toe up I think is brilliant!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Deborra:

I too am looking for a way to make socks to exactly fit my husband's feet.  He has a calf size which is larger than commercial socks, 15 inches.  But he also has a soccer injury which has enlarged the joint of one toe.  Perhaps suggestions for extra tough yarn, hints on how to reinforce around the big toe / ball of feet, patterns for work socks and dress socks.  My goal is to provide all his socks so he never has to shop at Walmart again!

What's his foot circumference?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS