Summer Shawlette pattern from KnittingDaily.com

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
SusanA@2 wrote
on Sep 4, 2008 6:23 AM

I have tried 5 times now to get this pattern to work.  It has lots of holes and looks like lase--but does NOT line up like the phot!  Is there a mistake in the pattern?  Thanks,  Susan

Not Ranked
Posts 5
maurcap wrote
on Sep 12, 2008 7:30 AM

I've started it and have gone back once. I find the instructions confusing re the markers but I have started counting each section as I do a row and it seems like it might be working. I am only on Row 12

Not Ranked
Posts 4
GayleM wrote
on Mar 3, 2009 10:21 AM

I just finished the shawlette last night and am blocking it this morning.  Just want to encourage you to keep trying.  It is really lovely when finished - very light.  This was my first Faroese item, and it does just what is intended - stays on the shoulders. 

It did turn out just like the photo.  I didn't find any errors in the pattern except at the end where it says to start the second seed stitch border row with "p1."  I started all rows with "k1" to make it come out as seed stitch.

If you think of any questions, I'll be happy to try to help if I can.  (I found your post because I'm trying to find a way to contact Sandi to thank her for the pattern; I really, really like the shawlette.)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
reginaknits wrote
on Feb 17, 2011 3:00 PM

Gayle,

Thank you for your encouragement. I have selected this pattern as my knitted Easter project. I am concerned about using such big needles with this yarn. It seems as if the stitches would be wobbly (Is that a word?) knitting the stockinette with big needles and fingering weight yarn. I am concerned about that. I am going to make a stockinette swatch to see what happens. The yarn I want to use is lace weight - Misti Alpaca Lace. The shawl looks like a wonderful Easter coverup.

Happy Knitting, Regina

Not Ranked
Posts 4
PamieSue1 wrote
on Apr 6, 2011 9:23 AM

Gayle,

Thanks for the encouragement.  I got the neckband finally figured out and wished they had just said :"pick-up" stitches along one long edge of neckband.  Then I got to the lace section.  I have ripped back to the neckband lifeline I put in 10 times now.  I have decided to take the directions apart and print them out as steps in an easier to read format.  I think I look at the pattern the way it's written and think I'm ready to do the next step and it is on a different row and that is what is making this so hard for me.  Plus, it is my first lace knitting and the yarn-overs can be tricky.  I WILL GET THIS SHAWL DONE!  I've invested too much time at this point to not finish it.  I have seen finished projects of it on this website and it is a beautiful shawl.  I want it badly!!!!  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS