The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 4:42 PM

ZassZ:

Hi bess T,

Wow that was quick!  That would be great to see the pic and thank you in advance. 

I was also wondering if SJC did do another sweater in this pattern in more colors.  She mentioned that she was planning to do that.  I think the first one was in a blue shade.   

Nice to hear back! Here is my completed sweater. I wondered if the variegation would make too wide of bands on the sleeves. I like the changes. I'm looking for yarn to make another Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 6:43 PM

Hi sjc,

Thanks for answering.  I did not do the KAL, but I enjoyed looking thru all the pics put up.  Glad you are enjoying "both" of your sweaters.  I imagine it looks pretty in lavender too.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 6:46 PM

Oh BessT!, 

You did find the pic and this sweater looks very nice with the striping.  Love the colors and thank you for your pic.  You should do another!  Wink   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
vehuddle wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 8:45 AM

Thank you!  I have worn the sweater several times now and really like it.   The sweater was very easy to make and I have thought of making another one sometime.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 4:58 PM

Hi Vehuddle,

I was wondering how your yarn is wearing.  Is it holding up without pilling and/or is it a washable yarn?

ZassZ:

Hi Vehuddle,

I was just looking thru and came across your sweater pic. I love the way it turned out and the yarn is gorgeous. So glad you had the discontinued yarn - it was just perfect for this project and I love the color.

I think all of the knitters did beautiful work on their sweaters and it was a pleasure to see all the pics everyone put up.

vehuddle:

Thank you!  I have worn the sweater several times now and really like it.   The sweater was very easy to make and I have thought of making another one sometime.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
vehuddle wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 6:27 PM

The yarn is not really pilling much and I have hand-washed it.  It may be ok in the washer, but I hand wash most knitted items.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 86
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 7:40 PM

Surprise!  I love your sweater.  I am still knitting mine...and in fact, because it turned out sort of long, and because I have lots more yarn left, I am going to keep going and make a dress.  Will post a picture when done...watch this space. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
vehuddle wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 8:16 PM

Good for you!  It would make a nice dress. Good luck with it!

Page 16 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16 | RSS