The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 8:22 PM

SashaRaks:

Sherry,

I cannot seem to find the weight of yarn for this pattern.  Which weight of Knit Picks "Gloss" are you using?  Looks beautiful so far!

Hi Sasha,

The pattern calls for a gauge of 17 st. per 4" which is usually a worsted weight.  I got that perfectly using size 8 needles and Knit Picks Gloss fingering weight with two strands held together.  Gloss doesn't come in a regular worsted and I was afraid their "heavy worsted" would be too bulky.  The color is a darker blue than the picture shows (thanks to the flash) and is called Winter Night.  I'm at the first waist decrease and knitting along!  It's a nice fun knit.  I wish I'd thought to do the ribbing at the neckline as another poster mentioned but...too late now.  I think I'll like it as it is.

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 4
melodiefenez wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 5:31 AM

Hi all,

This yoke is the very first jumper that i knit !

i'm having a great time so far. i live in europe and i've substituted yarn with a dark blue Debby Bliss Cashmerino.

My problem is that i'm knitting the 44th round of the yoke now and my yoke already mesures almost 9" !!!

do you think i could unknit a few rows and knit the 4 rounds of knit-purl so that i start dividing sleeves at around 8"1/2 no matter the number of rounds ?

Mélodie

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 8:50 AM

It's in the Knitscene Fall 2010.  It says so in the caption under the photo in the original post.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 8:51 AM

melodiefenez:
My problem is that i'm knitting the 44th round of the yoke now and my yoke already mesures almost 9" !!!

Hi Melodie,

Mine came out longer too and I just let it be.  My row count is perfect so I wonder about the instructions...I don't think it will make any difference in the long run since we still have the correct number of sleeve stitches and it's a dropped shoulder on the sleeves.  I held mine up to me and it seems like it will fit fine.

You could take a few rows out if it bothers you or if you're especially short waisted but it didn't seem to make a difference on me.  Good luck and stay warm over there in Europe!  You need all the warm sweaters you can get.  The Cashmerino should be really cuddly and warm.

Sherry

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 9:42 AM

I finished the yoke section and armholes and then was concerned about my rounded upper back.  I decided to thread some scrap yarn through the stitches on the needles and try it on.  Yes, it was shorter in the back.  I decided to knit with short rows every fourth row, three times across the back from underarm to underarm.  I ran the thread through the stitches again this morning, and the pullover appears to be level around my body now. Continuing on...Judy in SE WI

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Since I am such a project hopper, I had a delivery of KnitPicks Full Circle (worsted) in Blue Moon for something else...but it seems perfect for this project instead. Will be a little thick, but the gauge seems to work out fine.  In the mood for a nice, thick sweater with the frigid winds we are having in NYC.  The color really does look like lapis. Cheers.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LindaR@21 wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 12:20 PM

What weight KnitPicks Gloss are you using? The DK weight?

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 1:31 PM

Sorry for this odd post, but I need to turn off all the replies I'm getting email on.  That way I can read the posts when I can and not feel so guilty that I haven't swatched yet.  ;-}}

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 2:16 PM

Linda R:

Sherry used fingering weight gloss, but two strands together...scroll up for a bit and you'll see her post with the details.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 2:22 PM

So my stash yarn did not work - I frogged it.  Now am trying some cotton fleece. Had to buy the yarn and  think that I got gauge.  It's 80% cotton and 20% wool which actually may be better for our Charlotte climate.  I have not worn hardly any wool sweaters this warm winter although it did turn cool the past few days. Jeanie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,510
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 13, 2012 5:04 PM

Here's my progress as of last night. I've done the second increases and so far, it's a pretty quick knit.

Hey! Let's see some more photos in the forum! Here's a link that shows you how to post pictures: http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/3521.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 6:45 PM

Kathleen Cubley:
Here's my progress as of last night. I've done the second decreases and so far, it's a pretty quick knit.

Hi Kathleen,

I think, judging by the size of your piece, you mean second increase--don't start decreasing yet!  Just wait until you have 300+ stitches on each row, it slows down considerably then, but is still manageable on the larger length needle.  It's sure nice when you get to take 100+ stitches off for the sleeves.  I agree, I'd love to see someone else post pics too.

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,510
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 13, 2012 7:00 PM

sjc:
I think, judging by the size of your piece, you mean second increase--don't start decreasing yet!

Yes I did mean increases! Thanks, Sherry, I'm going to edit my post.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
JoyB@9 wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 7:46 PM

Is there a way to view Kathleen's posts without having to scroll through all the others? 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 13, 2012 8:57 PM

I love this pattern! But I decided to handspun my own yarn for it. It is working out wonderful!I

Will post a picture as soon as I can. :)

Page 3 of 16 (233 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS