The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
judy v wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 10:13 AM

I'm on the last lap and nearing the finish line, only 3 more inches of ribbing on the last sleeve.  I got a lot done while my husband drove us from Maple Ridge BC to Palm Springs......one of my favorite places to knit is in the passenger seat on a long road trip.  The weather here is too warm to sit with a lap full of wool and knit during the day so progress on this sweater has slowed in the past 2 weeks.  I should be finished tonight and will post a photo after blocking.

I usually knit sleeves in the round on two 16" circulars (like knitting socks on circulars) but did not bring the 16' ones with me so I used the magic loop method with a 32" circular and it all worked out well.

All photos of the finished sweaters are beautiful and an inspiration

Judy

Not Ranked
Posts 2
seamer45 wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 2:08 PM

I was reading about joining yarns on your Lapis Yoke and chuckled at the puppy hair. Until about 8 weeks ago I had very long hair and everything I knit had my hair knit into it. It was a point of pride with everyone I was knitting or crocheting for up until that time. I finally decided I was done with my long hair and donated 25 inches of it ot Locks of Love. Now I have shoulder length hair and I thought no one would get my special "yarn" added in but it seems my hair still likes to get into my projects. Puppy hair is just as good. Thanks for making me smile!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
JoyB@9 wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 8:03 PM

Hi Kathleen,

I am just beginning the increase rounds for the body. The pattern states "K2, M1L, knit to 2 sts before m, M1R, k2; rep from * once more - 4 sts inc'd. The only problem is there is no *.  Can you or someone tell me when to begin the next increase round?  Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 19, 2012 9:50 PM

Hi JoyB,

Would you be following the pattern for the Lettuce Raglan????

Not Ranked
Posts 5
JoyB@9 wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 2:23 PM

No this is definitely the lapis yoke - after you divide the sleeves from the body and do the set up round and 3 decrease rounds to 136 (154, 176, 192) sts, you begin the Inc rnd.  However, it says to "rep from * once more - 4 sts inc'd.", but there is no * so I don't know when to do the next increase. 

I purchased the pattern through the online store so perhaps it is an error that does not appear on the original published pattern.  I'm stuck and could use some help!  Thanks! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 310
sjc wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 2:40 PM

Hi Joy,

Your first * would be at the beginning on the Inc rnd and should be written as:

*K2, M1L, knit to 2 sts before m, M1R, k2, rep from * once more--4 sts inc'd.

I also purchased online and you are correct, the beginning * is missing from that part of the pattern.  Hope this helps.

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 5
JoyB@9 wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Thanks Sherry, That is the logical place for the asterisk but I wanted to make sure and wondered  why no one else had worried about it!  Thanks so much!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
judy v wrote
on Mar 23, 2012 10:31 PM

Finished my first top down sweater and my first KAL!  Knit in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran.  I enjoyed knitting this pattern and reading the feedback from all other knitters.  Heading back to Canada tomorrow and looking forward to wearing it. 

Judy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Mar 24, 2012 7:43 AM

Another lovely colour, well done, it looks fab!

Smile

Lynn

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Mar 24, 2012 7:50 AM

awesome!

everyone has done such an excellent job!!!! I love this pattern so much i am planning on making several. lol

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 310
sjc wrote
on Mar 24, 2012 9:06 PM

Judy V,

Your sweater is BEAUTIFUL!  I love the color.  Maybe I'll do my next one is something similar.  It's gorgeous and so are YOU!

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 4
kramlal49 wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 1:04 AM

I'm using Cascade Cash Vero for my sweater.

new york seo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
KarenLeeC wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 11:04 AM

Judy V, that is gorgeous!  I am inspired to pick up my needles and get going again. I'm only at the 2nd increase, so I have a ways to go. But seeing you model this sweater gives me a much better idea of what it will look like on me than the model in the magazine does. Thanks for sharing!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Hi judyv, 

judy v:

Heading back to Canada tomorrow and looking forward to wearing it. 

Judy 

Your sweater looks very flattering on you, thanks for sharing your pic and happy travel back to Canada. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Mar 28, 2012 5:15 AM

Hi everyone, I'm still in the knitalong although I'm finding the body part quite tedious so have been distracted this week by knitting baby and child sized cardies. I'm planning on finishing the body part on Friday so should be on schedule, depending on when our new grandchild makes an appearance! I was away last week for a few days and found that it was too difficult to take the whole sweater with me, I think that's the only thing against top-downs, piece knitting is more transportable. I have also sewn up a cardigan, a vest and two child cardigans plus hats this week and cleaned my house so  feel a day of knitting is well deserved - roll on Friday! The finished sweaters are all lovely! Liz

Page 12 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS