The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 9:15 PM

Lynnlou, Your sweater looks wonderful!  What yarn did you use?  It looks great on you! Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 2:32 AM

Thanks Jeanie, and Chris Big Smile

I used Stylecraft Pure Luxury Merino DK (50g) in 3642 Ink, it has a nice feel to it and slightly stretchy. It took just over 7 balls in the smallest size and I only used the 4.5mm needles throughout as the 5mm made it way too loose on the body.

Lynn

Lynn

Not Ranked
Posts 7
vivcrest wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 10:40 AM

Lynn,  your sweater looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing your details. I haven't started mine but it helps reading these emails of everybody's experience with the sweater. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 5:22 PM

Here's mine - it's a small size knitted out of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80% cotton and 20% wool.) I had problems with row gauge so had to leave off some rows. This was a fun knit and a fun KAL! Jeanie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 5:44 PM

Really nice, Jeanie!

Everyone's sweaters are turning out great. Mine needs another sleeve!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 7:45 PM

Thank you Bess! You are nearly done too. Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Apr 14, 2012 2:12 AM

Jeanie that looks great, well done!

Lynn

Lynn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 14, 2012 3:58 PM

Thank you!  Looking forward to the next KAL. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tamtam wrote
on Apr 16, 2012 4:15 AM

Hi all, have been knitting along with you, reading comments and seeing all of the lovely sweaters... This was my first KAL but definitely not my last! It's been so helpful knitting with so many other knitters, so thank you all!

This is the first fitted project that I've made that I can actually wear... I loved knitting this sweater- started a bit late (March...) but have already finished! However, i feel like the sleeves came out a bit too short for me so I now have to take out the ribbing and add an inch or so to each sleeve... :( 

Also, I need help closing the gaps in the underarms- can anyone recommend a favorite technique?  

When I'm finished, will post a photo....

lynnlou63- beautiful fit! very flattering.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Apr 17, 2012 5:41 AM

OK, so I've gotten a bit behind, but I'm ready to bind off the body and move onto the sleeves.

But I have a question.  I have followed the pattern, except for shaping, which I did at the sides and symmetrically.  Is there any true difference between front and back?  My yoke looks better on one side than the other, and I'd like that to be the front, though it technically is called the back, the way it is knitted.

If it is symmetric can I just wear it backwards?  Will this do anything to sleeve construction?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tamtam wrote
on Apr 17, 2012 2:55 PM

hcgogan- There isn't any difference between the front and back in the pattern; they're identical as far as I can tell... In my sweater I can't tell the difference so my guess is you can wear it however you please :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Apr 18, 2012 5:35 PM

I'm glad you brought that up.  I just finished the body and completely forgot which was front and which was back.  I'm glad it doesn't matter.

I hope Kathleen announces a new KAL soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Apr 19, 2012 6:37 AM

I have worn my jumper several times now and I didn't check for back or front and it looked fine either way!

PS - waiting to see Kathleen's finished jumper too!! Smile

Lynn

Lynn

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 31
Jag009 wrote
on May 14, 2012 9:23 AM

I think your sweater is just beautiful.  As far as making the neckline higher, you look stunning just the way it is!

Jane

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Lady Sophia wrote
on May 14, 2012 9:03 PM

I like your sweater...

Page 14 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next > | RSS