Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 4:30 PM

Thank you ladies.Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Kfj1 wrote
on Jun 17, 2012 12:18 PM

This is how new I am to this type of communication.....I'm not sure if this is how I post, by replying, but here goes.  I'm Karen, and I'm using  Paton's Kroy sock yarn.  It's supposed to be self-striping?  I've made socks before, and really struggled, but now I've decided to start from the beginning and just do a basic sock.  Never done an on-line KAL though...

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Jun 17, 2012 8:29 PM

YES, exactly the correct thing to do...just click "reply" and type away!!! We want to see a photo when you're done! The self stripping yarn is really terrific, if you have any issues with certain parts of the sox, just cruise back thru this thread (you can use the search function) or go to Youtube where a nice lady will show you a certain stitch over and over and over without EVER getting upset!!! HAHAH!!! Happy knitting!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Paulsruthann wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 6:03 PM

Hi Everyone!  My name is Ruthann and I'm a sock knitter. 

I've started the Ann's go-to socks.  Someone had told me that once you knit your first pair of socks and wear them you can't go back to store bought.  She was right!  I bought Ann's book, "Getting Started Knitting Socks" and have made five pairs (two pairs are gifts) and just started this pair using Plymouth's Stiletto yarn.

I must say that I LOVE the emag Sockupied and the only wish I have is that it was a monthly emag.  I'm learning so much and enjoy the video clips especially.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Hi, Ruthann! Welcome!

I've made several socks from GSKS too. I really like the way this pattern has Ann's favorite touches in it; she's tried all kinds of ways to make a sock and this is the way she likes them best.

Show us photos of your sparkly socks!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Paulsruthann wrote
on Nov 10, 2012 6:24 AM

One is finished and the other is sleeping at the moment; hopefully the sparklies can be seen.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LInda@432 wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 8:04 AM

After re-reading Ann Budd's Go To pattern in my issue of Simply soccupied, I'd like to join the knit along for them.  Is it still going?  Need help with the Norwegian cast-on, please.  Linda

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Linda,

We have not been active recently since we all finished our socks. But you can read back through all the messages for help.

The german cast on is a little trickly but worth it. Here is the you tube video that most of us used to learn this cast on method...

http://youtu.be/OIXs0__P4vc

Hope this helps.

Erica

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 9:48 PM

HiPaulsruthann,

Just wondering if you could re-post or upload your pic. It isn't visible for some reason.  Since you already have taken the pic maybe you could try posting it again? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 12:04 PM

How's it going? What yarn are you using?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 4:07 PM

Hi my name is Sandra,

I recently bought simply sockupied and I'm motivated to start learning how to knits socks. I purchased some self striping yarn at Joanns crafts just to get me started.  I have cast on in the old norwegian cast on and have worked  to the desired length and now I'm ready to start the heel with Ann's to go sock pattern.  Now this is where my confusion starts (since I'm a beginner at making socks) at the start of the heel directions I'm not sure which needle to start from for the Set-up Row1 and Row 2.  I'm really having trouble understanding and need help with this.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 4:57 PM

Sandra, you split your stitches in half, by that I mean you will knit only HALF your stitches for your heel flap, it doesn't really matter which half...you knit back and forth on only 2 needles (you're working on 4 o 5 sock needles up till now, right?) according to your pattern, then proceed with the instructions to form the gusset and continue on to finish the sock. There are many variations on a theme, but if you have written instructions in front of you, you'll be fine. If you want to "see" it done, just go to youtube and verypinknits will help you out! ENJOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wSFaGpmVSw

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Okay, once you have all your cast ons on one needle....from the end that does not have your yarn hanging, slide the required stitches for Needle 1 unto a new needle. Then, from that same original needle, slide the requred sitiches for Needle 2 unto a new needle. The remaining stitches on your original cast on needle become Needle 3.

Does this make sense? Let me know if you need more help.

Erica

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 5:19 PM

Sorry, got side tracked, and misunderstood the question Embarrassed

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 7:56 PM

Ok so I put extra 16 stitches onto needle one to make 32 stitches for heel flap.  Then the other stitches go on 1 needle. Got that part. But when I read the directions for Set-up Row 1(RS) it says to work 16 stitches, then turn work?  (I don't understand why we only work 16 of the 32 stitches here)  Would you be able to clarify for me?  

Thank you for your help this far Cekoons :)

Page 18 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next > | RSS