Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:02 PM

Cekoons, thank you for the link to sock knitting it was very helpful as well.  

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:07 PM

RicaWil, I am basically having trouble with reading the directions to the Ann's to go sock pattern.  Specifically the Set-up Row 1 & 2.  But I did get some help with setting up the stitches for the heel flap. Any additional help with the directions on the set-up rows would be great!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 11:41 PM

Okay, needle 1 has half of your heel stitches, needle 2 has all the front stitches, and needle 3 has the other half of your heel stitches. When you end the leg section at the marker on the last stitch of needle 3 you are in the middle of your heel stitches. So you stitch the stitches on needle 1 in order to get to the edge of your heel, then you turn and stitch from the back. Stitch all of the needle 1 and needle 3 stitches onto one needle. This leaves you with one needle having all the heel stitches on it the other needle having all the front stitches (move the front stitches to a holder).

Does this make sense?

Erica

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 7:24 PM

Yes, it finally makes sense!!   I'm going to start on heel tonight.  I just hope I can make it through the rest of the pattern Big Smile !

Thank you so much for your help. 

Sandra

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Oh yeah...once you understand the heel deal you're home free!!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraC@51 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 6:31 PM

Okay I'm not exactly home free yet :( ....I'm at the gusset now and stuck again on the instructions for Rnd 2 & 3.  Specifically: 

Rnd 2:

On Needle 1, knit to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1 (p1, k1, k1, p1);  and

Needle 3, k1 (p1, k1, k1, p1), ssk, knit to end—2 sts dec’d.

On Needle 1 when do we start the  k1 (p1, k1, k1, p1?  Do we do only once on this needle?

Needle 3 k1 (p1, k1, k1, p1 does this mean only once?

Same question for Rnd 3.  I would appreciate any help :).

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Hi,I'm Gloria and I'm using Crazy Zauberball yarn and  have  started on my first sock. I am using 2 circular needles and have come to the heel, can I pattern across on the first needle and go to Set-up Row 2 or do I have to follow set-up Row 1 and move yarn from one needle to the other.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on May 28, 2013 2:41 PM

Please review answers above regarding setting up and knitting the flap, also there is a really nice lady on YouTube who will show you over and over how to do it (I'm a visual learner myself) and makes it much clearer than the printed word. Hope that helps!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on May 28, 2013 3:34 PM

Hey, Gloria!

What Set-up Row 1 does is move the start of the round about a quarter of the way around the sock. You could go straight to Set-up Row 2, but two things would happen: the ribbing pattern wouldn't be centered on the instep, and when you rejoin to work in the round the directions might not match up with the pattern on your sock.

It depends whether you're more comfortable reading your knitting and sticking with your current needle configuration or whether you'd prefer to rearrange some stitches now and follow the pattern closely after this.

I hope that helps! Best, Anne

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 28, 2013 4:47 PM

Thank you very much for the quick answer, I think I will rearrange some stitches and get to work.

Gloria

Page 19 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19 | RSS