Simply Sockupied Knit-Along: Up + Down Socks

This post has 33 Replies | 5 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 13
MeganH wrote
on Apr 2, 2012 6:45 AM

At last! I got the second pair finished (not the first pair, decided to respin and rekint those). So here they are on my son's enormous feet. Yes, his feet really are that long. The wool spun up beautifully with lovely colour gradations, although in the photo there are defined stripes on the foot that aren't really there in real life. Colourway is Whitsunday from Virginia Farm Woolworks. Had fun knitting these, and have decided that I really like garter stitch short row heels and toes. Christopher says they are super comfy. Even the kitchener stitch went well. Between you and Eunny, I think I have finally come to grips with it and found it really isn't that difficult. Bit like spinning - keep practicing and suddenly you are doing it. These were great socks to knit, and the original, blue pair will be finished.

In the meantime, I've spun up a subtley variegated purple for the Elegant cable socks, so I will start on those tomorrow for a friend.

Thanks for the knitalong. What a great excuse to make socks : )

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Ginny@45 wrote
on Apr 9, 2012 10:42 AM

Hi,

I'm Ginny, and I just finished Ann's Go-To Socks.  Thought I'd give the Up + Down socks a try.  I'm using Panda Silk bamboo/merino wool/silk yarn in a pretty pick colorway.  I've never knit toe-up socks, so I'm looking forward to getting started.  Wish me luck!  Happy Knitting!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Gwen Ivy wrote
on Jun 20, 2013 4:33 PM

Hi will u be using the Magic Loop?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
LynnA@11 wrote
on Jul 3, 2013 10:18 AM

Yes, I did use Magic Loop. The toes and body of the sock I also did two at once, but the heels I did magic loop one at a time. I am told they are the most comfortable socks he's ever worn. :-)  I enjoyed the pattern so much I am getting ready to cast on another pair as soon as my current (other pattern) pair is done. I used a 2x2 traveling rib on the body of the sock so that it is reversible because they were a gift to a 16yo boy. (you know how boys can be... lol) 

Hope you have as much fun as I did with this pattern!

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS