How do I play my new Sockupied eMags?

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 13
bikrgran wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 11:12 AM

I just bought 2 eMags, and downloaded them.  When I clicked, it asked me if I wanted to Run.  I said yes.  Then it asked if I agreed to download Adobe Air, of course, I agreed.  After that, I get NOTHING!  When I click either eMag, it asks about Adobe Air, again, and it's a vicious cycle.  I went to Adobe.com and tried to download Air, and it said it was already installed, so what's the magic word, to get this to work.  I expect things that I paid for, to work.

Thanks!

Bikrgran

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 190
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 11:24 AM

I'm sorry it's been a difficult installation.

The instructions here might help you: On the page in the store from which you purchased the eMag, there is a tab called "Installation FAQ's." It also includes the system requirements.

One problem we've identified is that it's often more successful to choose "save" instead of "run," even though the computer will offer both options. (That's not something we can change; it's the way an app downloads.) 

I'd recommend uninstalling the app and Air and trying again. If that's not successful, contact our Customer Support department for their troubleshooting suggestions.

I do hope this is resolved quickly and that you enjoy the issues when they open!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
bikrgran wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 11:45 AM

I can't even FIND Air!  When I try to install it, it says it's already installed, but I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere on my computer.  I'll try again, starting with uninstalling everything I can find. 

When I clicked the "instructions" on how to install, all it did was download everything again...over & over & over.  Anyway, here goes nothing.

Bikrgran

Not Ranked
Posts 13
bikrgran wrote
on Apr 13, 2012 12:45 PM

I've contacted Customer Service, but just to let you know, I uninstalled everything, changed browsers (on the off-chance), then downloaded both mags, again.  They definitely installed this time, but when I went to play them, I got the "I agree" to the terms of Adobe Air (each time), clicked "I agree" and got NOTHING.  It's been at least 15 min since that took place, and I still have nothing to show for my money.  I'm really frustrated, as this should work.  I don't know what Adobe Air is, but I don't think I like it much.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS