Hi to all from California

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Selena27 wrote
on Apr 30, 2012 12:18 PM

Hello!

I taught myself how to knit several years ago, but go bored with just knowing how to do the basic stitch.  It wasn't until last year that I rediscovered a passion for knitting.  I now spend hours everyday working on projects and learning how to do different types of stitches.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 30, 2012 6:27 PM

Hi Selena,

Well we are on the same coast.  Glad you signed up at KD.  It is so enjoyable when our projects turn out well and in the process learn something new, as you mentioned.  I have to keep learning new things, my brain is happier then and it in turn affects my attitude.  Big Smile   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Selena27 wrote
on May 1, 2012 10:36 AM

Are you California as well? I sure do agree with you about the enjoyment we get when our projects do turn out well.  What really adds to it is when the project is a gift for someone.  I am working on Christmas present for the two sets of families, so I do hope they will enjoy the gifts as much as I had making them.

Also, I love your verse.  I have read that verse many times, but now that I am knitting, it holds a special meaning.  Thank you for sharing. Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 1, 2012 9:24 PM

Hi again Selena, 

Yes I am.  So what are you making for the two families? 

I love the verse too.  Thanks.  The next verse 26, which reads, "And all the women whose hearts impelled them with wisdom spun the goat's hair."   I wish I could have fit the whole of those two verses in, but not enough room for it all.  But I am so grateful that these artful skills have been handed down to us from these dear, talented men & women. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS