Basketweave Scarf, design by Ann Budd, it ain't coming out!

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 25
denvervet wrote
on May 16, 2012 4:02 PM

I started to make a basketweave scarf today for myself.  I am relatively new to knitting but figured I could do this one pretty well.  I followed the directions exactly and it does not look like the scarf in the picture.  Am I reading the pattern wrong?  The pattern is 9 rows, I have completed that twice and its just a mirror image of the first 9 rows.  Here is the pattern............

Signed,

Very Stumped guy in Denver.......can someone figure out what is wrong please, I would appreciate it.  Thanks A LOT!

Scarf:
CO 28 sts. Work double basket patt as foll:
Rows 1 and 5: (RS) K11, p2, k2, p2, k11 .
Rows 2 and 6: P1, k8, p2, [k2, p2] 2 times, k8, p1.
Rows 3 and 7: K1, p8, [k2, p2] 2 times, k2, p8, k1.
Rows 4 and 8: P11 , k2, p2, k2, p11 .
Row 9: Knit.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 25
denvervet wrote
on May 16, 2012 4:35 PM

I found a tutorial on Ann Budd's Basketweave Scarf on YouTube.........only half the pattern is shown on allfreeknitting.com.  This is my first project on this website and I am not real happy they only gave 1/2 the pattern.  I got the rest of it now.  Going to go and rip some stitches and do an 18 row pattern instead of a 9 row pattern.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 629
salmonmac wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 5:22 AM

I'm glad you've gotten the entire pattern. It's available here at KnittingDaily too

http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/14012/showcontent.aspx

and it certainly looks like row 10 and following are crucial to the pattern. Very good looking scarf. Enjoy finishing it now!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS