Dorset Buttons - Episode #801 - How To.....

This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on May 22, 2012 8:50 AM

Hi!

My name is Elaine and I'm an avid viewer of "Knitting Daily" on PBS.  I am not, however, a knitter----I am a crocheter.  I am interested in the tutorial on dorset buttons, that Eunny gave.  I can't find it anywhere----I even downloaded the "40 Tips and Techniques..."----and, this forum doesn't seem to have a "Search" feature; so forgive me, please, if this has been asked a million times.....

If someone could give me the steps, please----or point me to the URL where the steps are given in TEXT, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks, ahead of time!

Elaine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on May 22, 2012 6:43 PM

Here is a link to a tutorial on them.  http://www.craftstylish.com/item/42688/how-to-make-dorset-buttons/page/all  Hope this is what you're looking for.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 22, 2012 10:17 PM

Hi Elaine, 

You mention not finding a Search feature here.  Look up at top of page right under your sign in name.  It's right there.  Hope you enjoy doing your buttons!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on May 24, 2012 9:22 AM

Hi chewchew----nice to meet ya!!

I found that EXACT URL, right after I left here------Thank you sooooo much!

Elaine

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on May 24, 2012 9:28 AM

Hi ZassZ!

Yeah, I knew that particular "Search" was there----and used it----but, it's a feature for the SITE----I was looking for a "Search" feature that was for this forum, ALONE....  Thank you sooooo much, for responding!!

Elaine

P.S. I didn't know that I could respond to both posters on one response because of the location of the "Reply" button on EACH post....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 24, 2012 8:36 PM

Hi Elaine (CampingCat), 

I'm hoping I am understanding you correctly.  I do use the search to find stuff from previous posts in the Forum that I want to look up for reference again.  Is that what you mean?  If not, sorry - not trying to confuse.  Huh?  chuckle.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on May 25, 2012 5:51 PM

Oh, not to worry, ZassZ....

You can TOTALLY use the "Search" feature to find things in this forum-----it's just a drag having to weed-through everything on the ENTIRE site, until you find what you want.  For example, if one would type-in "buttons", your results would show you every place that the word "buttons" appears on this site-----blogs, videos, this forum, etc.

Have a GREAT weekend everybody!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 29, 2012 9:36 PM

Hey CampingCat,

I hear ya!  Did have a lovely, weekend.  Hope you did as well.  Did you work on your buttons?  I love embroidery work as well. 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on May 31, 2012 8:42 AM

I worked on my buttons as soon as I found that aforementioned URL----but, I had to stop before I finished all of them because I realized how soon my Great-niece's birthday was, and I needed to get to crackin' on her gift.  I've been wanting to get back into Needlepoint----got a library book and everything----but, there's just not enough hours in the day.....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Hi CampingCat! 

That is good news - found the URL & all is well now.  So I benefited from your post question as well and thank you.  I have a little beading to do today and am looking forward to doing it.  Love to borrow the books from library.  So many subjects to choose from and yes, the hours run out but can always look forward to the next day, thank goodness!  Thanks for writing.  Do you have your needlepoint project picked out yet? 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CampingCat wrote
on Jun 6, 2012 5:06 PM

No, I don't have time to do needlepoint, right now.  Plus, I haven't taken the time, yet, to find-out how to get to the place that sells the canvasses.  The Wal-Mart near me doesn't sell them-----and Michael's is too far away from me, soooooo.....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS