Summer 2012 Planche Vest

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamxmc wrote
on May 25, 2012 9:51 AM

I'm to the point where I start shaping the keyhole. The directions state: Inc round: Work in patt to 1st st before m, * yada yada yada* work in patt to end. Two stitch increase. Then knit around, repeat the two rows again; four stitch increase.

The question is, WHICH marker? The work now has four markers, evenly spaced. Obviously it must be the center of the piece, but is the cast on spot, beginning of each round the front or back? Because I have added a stripe to the bottom ribbing, there is that "jig" where each round changes, and I would prefer that go in the back. 

Who has made this vest? Any tips?

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on May 25, 2012 3:53 PM

Hi mamxmc, 

I didn't do this pattern, but here is a tip for eliminating the jog in your stripe row, http://www.knittingdaily.com/glossary/jogless-jog-meg-swansen-s.aspx 

It really works well.  Where is this vest pattern found? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 6, 2012 2:20 PM

hi mamxmc, 

did you get it yet?  how is it coming along now? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamxmc wrote
on Jun 6, 2012 3:34 PM

Haha, it's not. I have ripped it all out and picked a different pattern. I originally wanted to make it with the four quarters alternating colors but forgot when knitting on circulars that you can't reach the original color when you come around again. DUH

I learned that when knitting a Christmas stocking a few years back but apparently it had left my active memory. 

But the trick to eliminate the jog worked like a charm until I decided to quit altogether on the vest. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS