Looking For Knitting Patterns For Lace Table Cloths

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 3, 2012 12:08 AM

I have been looking for patterns to knit a lace Rectangular tablecloth, similar to the crocheted Pineapple patternor something to that effect. I have even searched sites with old time knitting books along with foreign books that have been translated. If anyone has or could possibly steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.  Or can anyone help me in learning to convert crocheted to knitted, if it is possible. 

Thank You in advance, I am Sincerely grateful

Karen      

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Sep 26, 2012 2:39 AM

Hi Karen

I have had this book for many years and have used the patterns over and over again.  Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace) by Marianne Kinzel,  It has a lovely rectangular table cloth.  this pattern can be adapted to be a square, there are also round table cloths.  Hope you find it to be as good as I have found it to be.

Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Sep 26, 2012 4:05 AM

There is a pattern over on Ravelry (free to join) for the pineapple pattern that perhaps you could adapt to a rectangle. If you search knit lace tablecloths there are pages and perhaps one might suit.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/round-pineapple-tablecloth-7592

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS