Little Lace Top by Ann E Smith

This post has 42 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jul 6, 2012 4:23 AM

Hi ZassZ,

I am just about there.  Just have to add the buttons.  it looks awesome.  I made mine in red, bamboo cotton.  Will get a picture posted up once I have the buttons on it.

Hugs

Millyb

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 Confused [8-)] wrote
on Jul 8, 2012 1:16 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I have finished the little lace top..... how do you post a picture?

I substituted the yarn with Sirdar snuggly dk,  in the UK  this is normal.

I do love the US patterns, they are nicer than ours, don't know why but i do!

My friend is in Indiana right now, I'm hoping he will remember to bring me some stitch markers back, we don't have them here

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 9, 2012 5:06 PM

Hi sue! 

Wow!  Here is a link that Kathleen put up directions on how to post pics.  I would explain it but I think she made it very clear.  if you have a problem let me know, but you should be able to do - very easy really.  http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/3521.aspx 

I also answered your post re:  your stitch markers question on the other thread.  Quick, call your friend and tell her to visit Joann (fabrics yarn & crafts store) or Michaels for crafts, yarns, etc. and bring you some stitch markers from U.S.  ha that is so funny (as in unusual); I never thought that you wouldn't have them in the U.K.   

Can't wait to see your project! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 wrote
on Jul 11, 2012 3:18 PM

There, done it! hope you like it

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 wrote
on Jul 15, 2012 8:15 AM

Hi Zassz

thanks for your help, fingers crossed there should be a pic below!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 16, 2012 11:48 PM

Hi Sue 196,

I have to tell you, when I pulled up this thread, I was going from the bottom of page up to top and when your pic popped up my screen I gasped!  It is so gorgeous!  I mean gorgeous!  I love everything about it, the color makes it stand out so beautifully and it is so pretty, feminine looking.  I can't wait to hear what the recipient has to say about it.  You have to get back and tell us, please.  Now please don't forget!  You did a fantastic job on this project Big Smile Big Smile Yes

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 24, 2012 10:44 AM

Hi millyb, 

How are you doing?  I really want to see your project.  Can you give us a pic?  Thanks. 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 2:14 AM

Not sure if this will work or not... but here is a piture of the Little Lace Top I made for my granddaughter Neve...... its been like pulling hens teeth getting my daughter to send up a photo...lol

she has promised me a picture of Neve in it also....... so I sit and wait...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Hi millyb,

Oh bella, bella, bella!  Love the color too.  It should be considered a treasure - really!  I also love the red bamboo cotton, just stunning color. 

Thanks so much for sharing with us here. 

Love the lavender color Sue196 did this in as well.  Both are absolutely pretty.  I wonder if you & Sue would like to copy your pics to the Fabulous Projects Completely Lately thread under Knitting Chat here.  If you don't have the time, I would do it for you if you like.  Just let me know.   

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 5:35 PM

Hi ZassZ,

You are most welcome to post it.

I have been asked to make another one ....lol !! Not sure that I want to though ....... will see what I feel like in a day or two.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 5:40 PM

hi millyb,

Oh so cool!  I will then.  I want to make it too, but first I have to see if I can correct the pattern in places needed from everyone's notes here. 

I am not surprised that you've been asked to another one.  What color this time?  ha ha  Thanks again!  Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 8:11 AM

Hi Zassz,

Thanks for your lovely comments about my work, you are welcome to post it for me.

millyb's little lace top is beautiful, that red is so scrumptious!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Hi sue 196!

Oh thanks and you are so welcome - you deserve the compliments and they were from my heart. 

I am going to post your pic over in the thread.  Sharon (Yogama) just wrote this morning re the pic of milly's red one so I want her to see yours too.  I'll give her the link to the pattern and tell her to read up over here for any corrections posted. 

Do you have another project lined up?  Smile

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS