THE OFFICIAL PAN-AM JACKET KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 1,017 Replies | 79 Followers rated by 12 users
Not Ranked
Posts 6
mushmom wrote
on Oct 8, 2012 5:45 PM

Looks great!  I love the two colors.  This sweater is really great for showing off that one special button.

I just finished mine and it is off to the wash.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Bdsimpson wrote
on Oct 8, 2012 6:10 PM

Very nice, I like how your collar came out.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
Gina4462 wrote
on Oct 8, 2012 8:12 PM

The colors are beautiful.  I'm on row 88.  Knitting whenever I get the chance.  With all the issues in this pattern I know I could've never gotten this far without everyone's help.  I wonder if the lady who created this pattern will take this KAL into account and change the pattern.  I don't know how anyone could do this on their own.  There are so many details that should be included.  This makes me nervous to ever try a sweater on my own. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 388
ArtfulSoul wrote
on Oct 8, 2012 9:37 PM

I love all the results you all are posting here, especially the two-color combos!

Gina4462:

The colors are beautiful.  I'm on row 88.  Knitting whenever I get the chance.  With all the issues in this pattern I know I could've never gotten this far without everyone's help.  I wonder if the lady who created this pattern will take this KAL into account and change the pattern.  I don't know how anyone could do this on their own.  There are so many details that should be included.  This makes me nervous to ever try a sweater on my own. 

I am strictly a sweater knitter, and I believe this to be among the more challenging patterns.  Mostly because the chevron pattern is very specific during shaping, the Continuous Border and facings are an extra step, where you are "headed" isn't as obvious as there are some instruction omissions.  But most sweaters are not this way...so please try other patterns!!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
mushmom wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 12:47 PM

Done!  I am very happy with the project.  I love the button I found.  It was a lot of fun.  I have a couple skeins of yarn left so perhaps I will make a matching hat.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 454
bessT wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 12:06 PM

Beautiful sweaters everyone! I finished mine last night. Tried it on and I love it. It is going into the wash, then I'll post a pic Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
marhar wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 8:03 PM

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
marhar wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 10:19 AM

I am replying to my own post (!) because I could not figure out  how to post along with the picture.  Anyway, here is my picture of the finished product  and am very excited that I have finally finished it, not quite by the deadline, but it is done!! Thanks so much to everyone who helped me get through the pattern, the sleeve gussets, the buttonholes, etc.  Could not have done it without you!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 19, 2012 10:59 AM

It looks lovely!  I haven't even started mine yet.  I've got to finish up my charity knitting first, then I can start. 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 19, 2012 11:01 AM

That is one very cool button indeed! 

Your sweater looks great!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
vehuddle wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 3:29 PM

Finally finished this -although I still don't have a button to match yet.  I have clear snaps on it right now. Got a late start on this in July and had some other things to finish first. Made the sleeves longer, body longer and the bands a little wider than specified.  This was a 80% cotton/20% wool yarn which is very nice, but for this sweater, it is really heavy and I am afraid the armhole is stretching too much. I am wondering if a lining would stabilize it a little.

I must say that I have been knitting for about 40 years and this has been one tricky pattern to master.  Hats off to the beginners who tried this sweater!  You can tackle anything nowBig Smile

Nice job on the other sweaters!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 454
bessT wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Nice-looking sweaters!

Here is mine modeled by my computer chair whose shoulders don't slope as much as mine Embarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 8:52 PM

Bess, As always, your knitting is superb and I love your color choice.  I didn't do this KAL but have followed it.  It is nice to see familiar knitters' comments show up.

Celia (Grandma V)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 454
bessT wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 9:00 PM

Grandma V:

Bess, As always, your knitting is superb and I love your color choice.  I didn't do this KAL but have followed it.  It is nice to see familiar knitters' comments show up.

Celia (Grandma V)

Celia! Cake Big Smile  (there wasn't a heart, so I chose the cake)

Everyone has picked out lovely colours, haven't they!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
toyelf wrote
on Oct 22, 2012 7:49 AM

What a neat button - your sweater looks great!

Page 66 of 68 (1018 items) « First ...  < Previous  64 65 66 67 68  Next > | RSS