THE OFFICIAL PAN-AM JACKET KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 1,017 Replies | 79 Followers rated by 12 users
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Mommorita wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:03 AM

I love that pattern, too.  Maybe this forum will help me get through it.  I've had the pattern for a while, but it looked rather daunting. I'll start looking for yarn.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
gaduval wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:06 AM

Excellent response. I would recommend the latter, full swatch, cast it off, wash and block.... then measure....

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Kaffers wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:20 AM

I'm excited to start this, I love this jacket and it is my first KAL too!  I am knitting a cotton cardigan and started to use the chart, but got frustrated and am following the written instructions.  I hope this will help me use charts!  I will be going through my stash tonight.....

Not Ranked
Posts 3
drea333 wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:24 AM

Hi, my first knit along.  Can't wait to start knitting!  Going to check my stash for something suitable.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PattyPoisson wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:35 AM

I have never joined a kal before so this is a first for me. I cant wait to get started. I am going to swatch some classic wool now and see what happpens. I have a nice med blue heather in my stash.

Fishknits

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MichelleR wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:37 AM

My yarn came in! will swatch later tonight and hopefully CO tomorrow. Wink 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
shelbyart wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:48 AM

I downloaded the pdf of the pattern and am about 12" into the sweater. The charts are fine.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
shelbyart wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 10:49 AM

Michelle R:

How do you add photos to your replies?

Shelby

Not Ranked
Posts 7
shelbyart wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:01 AM

NEVER MIND...FOUND Kathleen's directions

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 22, 2012 11:03 AM

I'm very excited to get started.  Have a few tweaks to make size wise so it will be a couple of days before I'm ready to go.  I don't have enough of one color in my stash, but do have enough of two!  I'm just wondering if anyone has considered doing this in two colors,  main body color and continuous border another color?  How can I figure how much yarn of each color I would need?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jun 22, 2012 11:12 AM

Ok, just joined. Yay!

I want this firmer and more substantial, both to pop the pattern a bit and to be a good transition piece for Fall/Winter. I am thinking Peace Fleece worsted or Cascade 220, both staples at my LYS. They hold their shape well. The pattern looks ribby, so I will make it a bit smaller to account for the stretch. Sat. I will pick up the yarn and get started swatching.

I am thinking of doing it in a strong color as well. I will try and avoid my typical color (kahki green). More later!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
moonquilter wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:24 AM

Excited to start another  KAL, my other knitting will wait.  I choose this soft green by Ella rae that I had in my stash.  The wool is soft and I hope will make a great jacket.  I'm sure I'll need all the help from the KAL I can get...this appears to be more advanced than I'm used to....challenge is good!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
YarnTales wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:37 AM

The pattern detail shows up great in grey!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
YarnTales wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:40 AM

ToniN, that's a gorgeous color!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SallyD@5 wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:51 AM

Hi,

My first official KAL.  Looking forward to knitting with all of you! Am using a wool with some cashmere called Orchid Yarns in a soft gold color. I don't know how to add a photo yet)  will learn later.   

Page 9 of 68 (1018 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS