SSK - How To

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 1, 2008 6:31 PM

I looked up the SSK stitch in How To and that diagram is the same as interweave knits and other magazines.  My problem is whenever I do this stitch it comes out the same as if I k2tog - what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Oct 1, 2008 8:28 PM

Hi...I'm only guessing here, but is it possible that you are slipping your sts straight across as if you were purling, rather than doing it knitwise so they actually turn to the right as you put them on your right needle? Then when you "knit them tog thru back loops" that right twist helps the whole dec slant towards the left.  Sounds weird I know!!!

If not the problem...let me know...I'll think on it.

Take care,   Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 2
spinzzygirl wrote
on Oct 2, 2008 8:26 AM

i think perhaps that you ARE knitting 2 tog.  You slip one stitch over, then the next stitch over ---without kniting them. It is the 3d stitch in the process that you actually knit. I hope this helps. I wish there was a way to post my own sketch, but i don't know how to do that, so there ya go.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
BonnieR wrote
on Oct 2, 2008 2:34 PM

Use the power of the web.  Check out this great website for VIDEOS of most any type of knitting you want.  I learned to knit with this site.  I will put the link for one page below.  For me, watching a video works much better than looking at a drawing.

Good luck!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/decreases

Not Ranked
Posts 4
digiknit wrote
on Sep 24, 2009 12:39 AM

Thank you Bonnie .I benefit from seeing it done. Good advice. digiknit

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS