Plus Sized Knitting Patterns

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
DeniceB12 wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone would know of any plus sized pattern resources? I'm a plus sized woman and I would love to learn how to size knitting patterns for plus sized women. Information on any media type that might have the info and patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks very much for your help!

Denice Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 5:55 PM

http://www.knittingdaily.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=plus+sizes 

Hi DeniceB12, found this one for you right here on knitting daily.  If link doesn't do, just type in plus sizes at top of page in search box and you can pull it up.  There are a few blogs on Knitting For Plus Sizes re:

Recommended Designs;

How Does Proportion Change  from one size to the next?; 

A Matter of Ease; Ease on In to Well Fitting Knitwear (plus a Free Pattern) 

The search brought up 5 pages so it should keep you busy and hopefully answer some questions you have.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MsKristaM wrote
on Jun 28, 2012 8:31 AM

If you want patterns for plus size, www.whiteliesdesigns.com has some gorgeous ones!

Krista

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jul 30, 2012 1:29 PM

I recently picked up a magazine from Knit Simple.  They put out a specialty publication call Knit Plus.  It is a collection of their plus size patterns.  They are a collection of easy to medium skill level patterns for larger women like us that are very flattering and fun to make.  It may still be available at your local book store, yarn store or anywhere the Knit Simple magazine is sold.  If not, check their website, knitsimplemag.com for the issue availability. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS