Suggestions on starting a knitting ministry at church

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
haleymathiot wrote
on Jun 28, 2012 9:27 AM

So, I want to start a knitting ministry at my church. I have a few different ideas, and I've seen how different people do it. I want to know what you guys think would be a good way to organize it. Should we knit things and donate them? knit things and sell them and use the money for supporting various things? Use it more as a Bible study-club type thing? If you could go to a knitting ministry at church, what would you want it to be? What would make it perfect?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
glwerner wrote
on Jun 28, 2012 3:08 PM

I have done this several times and it has been spiritually uplifting.  

You need to start with Prayer and continue with a focus of Prayer along with Spiritual Growth of each participant. 

Some will not catch on to this.  At least 90% of your first class will drop out in the first 2 months.  Keep your focus on Prayer and keep asking God with his almighty works through the Holy Spirit  to support your ministry.  It will work but you will never have a huge following.  Do not be discouraged , keep your focus and always ask God with the help of Jesus to support you. BELIEVE 

In relationship to the last question?  There is no such thing as perfect as long as humans are involved !  That is NOT IN GOD'S PLAN . . . NEVER WAS, NEVER WILL BE !

This is my suggestion and I'm not perfect .  This ministry can be very rewarding and also very frustration.  Keep the faith and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. 

GLWerner, RN, BSN, Parish Nurse

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS