Farmer's Market Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio Fall 2009

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Jul 11, 2012 11:48 AM

I just wanted to share that I completed this sweater for one of my students.  She was having difficulty with the pattern and she asked my to knit it for her. 

I did do a couple of things differently, the biggest one concerned the collar and pocket trim.  It was to be knit separately and then sewn on...however, I knit mine and attached as I went saving fitting time and of course, the dreaded sewing it on. 

I also re-wrote the pattern for my student because she was confused by so many of "at the same time" and "next row" without giving the row a number.  But even with the re-write, she was unable to complete it. 

I would love to submit a photo of the sweater...to whom should it be submitted. 

Thanks,

knitnanny10

dee@youandmeknit.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 11, 2012 2:55 PM

hi knitnanny10

I thought I would respond to your post.  You could put a pic under Galleries - the Reader Gallery; or

under the Forum - Fabulous Project completed lately at http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/p/857/95298.aspx#95298 

I am glad you wrote re re-write of the pattern to make it easier for your friend.  I abhor those patterns that give you feeling that your on a scavenger hunt, looking for the clues with the aid of magnifying glass.  Huh? 

Looking forward to your cardigan pic up here somewhere! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS