5 gallon water cooler cover

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
dmcaruthers wrote
on Jul 17, 2012 9:28 PM

Does anyone have a simple knitting pattern (or know where I can get one) for a cover for the 5 gallon water bottles on water cooler dispensers?  Appreciate the help.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 554
salmonmac wrote
on Jul 27, 2012 7:54 AM

I made a mch smaller version of a water cooler cover for a cafetierre (and I mean, much smaller). I just measured around, made a gauge swatch and figured out how many stitched to cast on; knit in the round for the height you need and then rapidly decrease to the opeining at the top of the bottle. A separate knitted circle could be made (there are instructions for these online) and seamed to the cast on. Alternatively you could knit the body of the cover sideways and then seam the cast off and cast on sts.

I couldn't find any pattern for a water cooler to help out. You may be the first! Let us see the finished cover if you care to post a picture.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dmcaruthers wrote
on Jul 28, 2012 12:39 AM

Thank you salmonmac.  I'll see what I can come up with and post the results.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dmcaruthers wrote
on Aug 6, 2012 6:52 AM

I pretty new at this, but I made a gauge swatch as you suggested and then found a pattern calculator on-line and used it to figure out the decrease.  Here's the results:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 554
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 7, 2012 4:37 AM

Perfect! You chose a great color combination and the woven ribbon is a great touch. Well done!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS