debbie Bliss flip top mittens

This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
WandaR wrote
on Sep 20, 2009 9:16 PM

Hello Brenda,

I am trying to get a copy of the flip top mitten pattern. Would it be possible for you to send me one? I would be very grateful. Thank you for your consideration.

Wanda

Not Ranked
Posts 1
capecod wrote
on Nov 7, 2009 7:34 AM

I would love this pattern if you have it. Been looking for a good pattern for the flip top mitten. Thank you so much! Debbie singleonkapekod@yahoo.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Pam@141 wrote
on Nov 9, 2009 1:22 PM

Hi Brenda,

I would love a copy of the flip_top mittens bt Debbie Bliss. i saw them on "Kitting Daily" show on TV the other week, and have been looking for the pattern.

Thanks,

Pam Desilets from MA.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
nancyi2 wrote
on Nov 9, 2009 3:00 PM

I have no idea what the Debbie Bliss flip-top mittens look like, but I'm guessing they are pretty similar to the soldier's glomitts from Halcyon.   On this site, go to the Patterns tab and click on Other knitting patterns.  This is an easy pattern to follow and works up quickly.   Did some in Lambs Pride for my husband and he loves them.  I think any basic mittern could be made like this -- don't close the hand, add a cap.   I did find it easier to knit the cap part separately and then sew it on.

Nancy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AdrienneL wrote
on Dec 8, 2009 9:08 PM

Brenda,

Might I also jump on this bandwagon.  I would love a copy, and am having a terrible time locating it.

Thanks!

Adrienne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
SharonF wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 6:19 AM

I don't think it's infringement if the pattern isn't published anymore and they are not SELLING it.  Knitters around the world "share" copies of patterns that are hard to find or no longer being published.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
taxlady415 wrote
on Sep 10, 2010 5:57 PM

I would appreciate a copy of the flip top mittens.  Thanks so much.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Sep 10, 2010 7:04 PM

SharonF:

I don't think it's infringement if the pattern isn't published anymore and they are not SELLING it.  Knitters around the world "share" copies of patterns that are hard to find or no longer being published.

Hi SharonF,

Actually it is against the copyright laws and the community guidelines of KD.  I will copy the guidelines of the KD that apply to this.  The community guidelines are found in the gray area at the very bottom of the page.  These words are in white capital letters.  Click on them to verify this.

A lot of people make the mistake that because the pattern is no longer in print that the copyright laws do not apply.  You can go to Debbie Bliss's website and request a copy of the pattern.  It may also be for sale there.

" Do not post information on how to illegally obtain a design that is owned by someone else. Posts of this kind will be edited or deleted."  The copyright is there to protect the income/s generated by the person/s who created the product/pattern/design. 

I also just typed in "Debbie Bliss flip-top mittens" into the google search engine, and the first listing was for the entire pattern to download to your computer.  I tried to get a link to the site but could not.  I would suggest that you do what I did and download your free pattern.  In the address is "knittingdaily".

Good luck with getting this pattern.  It wasn't difficult for me to find.  Zoe  Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
EllenW@8 wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 1:07 PM

Hello Brenda,

I, too, am in search of Debbie Bliss' flip-top mitten pattern.  I see that you were asked almost two and a half years ago and hope that you would be kind enough to send me a copy.  Thanks so much!

Ellen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 1:59 PM

EllenW@8:

Hello Brenda,

I, too, am in search of Debbie Bliss' flip-top mitten pattern.  I see that you were asked almost two and a half years ago and hope that you would be kind enough to send me a copy.  Thanks so much!

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I guess you skipped by my posting that is right above yours?  I gave directions as to where you can find the pattern.  You can also click on the patterns tab in the brown menu bar at the top of the page and search through the patterns until you find the pattern.  It is blue mittens with the snowflake on it and it is titled Flip Top Mittens.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JuliaM@4 wrote
on Aug 8, 2011 6:58 PM

If you look up top of this page under Free Resources Other Free patterns , then scroll through the pages there is the pattern you are all looking for.,

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Aug 16, 2011 6:54 AM

Good morning, Brenda,

I would love a copy of this. I'm making mittens for a church to donate to an abused children ranch.

My email candy.donohue@adm.com

Thank you very much!

Candy

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS