Denim Purse

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
LisaA wrote
on Nov 5, 2008 7:40 PM

I was immediately attracted to this pattern from Boutique Knits. I love the little vintage-looking purse when I came across it in knitscene this fall.  Here's my rendition of it; let me know what you think.  Lisa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Nov 5, 2008 8:27 PM

Hi Lisa...

Very pretty + great pic too. I didn't see the original one...but this one looks like it will become the comfy favorite that you always reach for. Can't go wrong w/ denim....right?!?!

Take Care,   Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 10
LisaA wrote
on Nov 6, 2008 8:30 AM

Thanks, Andrea.  The original purse was made with a dark denim colored yarn, but this is what I found in the yarn shop.  Just so you know, the purse is small, 7" x 6-1/2" (mine, anyway).  Are you going to get the book?  Let me know what you decide to make, if so.  I bought it yesterday, and I just love the projects.  Have a great day,  Lisa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Nov 6, 2008 9:47 PM

Hi Lisa...

My "magazine budget" is really overstressed right now. I subscribe to Interweave Knits, Piecework, + Knitters. Also usually buy Vogue Knitting when I see it in the store. Just bought Knit Gifts too. This summer I bought 11 books @ Interweaves "hurt book" sale. So I really have to be good!!! ( I also have been known to buy MANY balls of sock yarn when I find a good price...shhhh...don't tell!!!!)  With our dollar being very low right now I'm down to looking only!

I did take a look for Knitscene today in town just to look...but there weren't any.

Have to admit I buy magazines more for techniques I can learn + to keep in touch w/ what is "happening" in the knitting world. I do make some patterns for myself when I really fall in love w/ something...but a lot of my knitting is to sell, so I design my own patterns. That way they are mine + I'm not breaking copyright.

Thanks for writing,    Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
VioletCrim wrote
on Dec 14, 2013 4:47 AM

Like the look of the purse. But it fell short of some work at handle area. It is looking like thin wire attached to purse which is giving it the deglam status to the purse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,452
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Dec 16, 2013 3:27 PM

Great job! That's one of my favorite projects in Boutique Knits. I love that book!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS