Hello from Kuwait

This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Nov 14, 2008 12:25 PM

I'm Beth and I'm a married mother of 3 living in the Gulf. I teach 2nd grade girls at a bilingual school here and love to knit. In fact, I just finished an afghan for my younger son. I went to buy yarn for his twin sister's but they were out. I'm going to go nuts with nothing to do with my hands!

Yes, they do have yarn and knitting supplies in the desert! Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Nov 14, 2008 5:29 PM

Welcome Beth....hope you enjoy yourself here!

What kinds of things are suitable to knit there? You mentioned you are ready to start a 2nd afghan + I know that deserts can be very cold places @ nite. I'm sure you aren't looking to make all the same things that I do in Nova Scotia, Canada! As well, are certain fibers better for you to knit with?

Take Care,  Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Jun 6, 2011 2:53 AM

Hello Beth

I was so happy to know that you got knitting supplies in kuwait as I did look for but couldnt find them....Could you let me know where did you get the knitting supplies for your projects. I needed some for myself too. Well very happy to know that there are knitters here too as I am a beginner  n it really encourages me a lot!!!!Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
NickyB72 wrote
on Oct 27, 2011 9:01 AM

Hi Ann,

are you still in Kuwait?

I'll most likely get back there end of December / beginning of January.

If you'd like, let me know if you wanna get together :-)

Did you find any knitting supplies yet? I don't remember seeing anything whil I was there before (but I didn't knit then).

Best wishes,

Nicole

Not Ranked
Posts 1
minucrasto wrote
on Jan 14, 2012 10:48 AM

Hi Beth, My name is Minu. I'm an expat from India and i love knitting too....but want to know where can i find supplies....i don't have all the required.

Thank you in advance :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ms.kristen wrote
on Feb 28, 2012 11:59 PM

Hi Beth!

I'm also a teacher living in Kuwait. I havent knitted for a few years, but was hoping to make a baby blanket for my sister, Beth Smile, who is expecting her first child in early April. I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a few lessons to get me started on a blanket, or suggest where you go to get your supplies? Maybe they offer lessons there...?

thanks!

Kristen

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 1:04 AM

Hi Minu

Well I am also from India and Here is the good news I found knitting and crocheting supplies in KUWAIT!!!! well u can get a few supplies like wool and one or two sized knitting needles and crochet hooks at the stationary section in Lulu Hypermarket ,Qurain  and a house of the same supplies at Barakat Showroom , Salmiya......

I was so  so happy to c the shop filled with craft items of different kinds.  So knitters and crocheters check it out.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 1:36 AM

Hi Kristen

Just thought to share this with you that there are supplies in Barakat showroom in salmiya.  I went there and bought some stuffs two months back and then they had a 30% off too yahoo!!!.  Well i think they do offer classes for knitting as well . But if you can have look at the stitch lessons given on youtube. I learned it that way. knitting, crocheting and Tunisian crochet anything you want is there.  I recommend Tunisain crocheted blanket will be a fastest for a blanket.  Well let me know if you need more details and good luck for your new project and i feel since you have knitted before even if its a few years back when you go through the videos on youtube you will definitely remember and there are free pattens on knittingdaily too.

BeckySmile

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 1:48 AM

Hi nicole

Well I am still in Kuwait.  I too had been on a vaccation. I did find the supplies here and there they were having a 30% off too  Smile. So keep in touch...

Becky ( Ann)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 5:04 AM

http://www.knitpicks.com/knitting.cfm

Great selection, service and frequent sales! Happy knitting Beth!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
shafaz wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 8:34 AM

Hi I am from Sri Lanka, I am in kuwait. yes me too found some crochet yarns in salmiya... not only in barakat close to that there are so many shop.... also u can find in the kuwait city.

friends if anyone knows about yarn sale pleae let me know....

crochet lover

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 3:46 AM

Hi crochet lover

Could you let us know where exactly in kuwait city yarns can be found???

Not Ranked
Posts 1
valmay8 wrote
on Mar 23, 2012 5:49 AM

hello ,

Go to Shook Safat, Kuwait city, u will see........

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Ferozkhan wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 5:20 AM

Valmay8, thanks for the infoBig Smile

template examples

Not Ranked
Posts 1
primroz wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 10:22 AM

hi evrybdy...

i just joined tody. am a knit,tating crochet luvr.i need to buy looms and hairpin boards for the crochet..did anybody know where i can find these things...in kuwait.am new to this place.n plz share ur viwes to me.will i get all crochet sizes in barakat shwroom .am staying in mangaf.plz reply . thanks hav a nice day to all

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS