Charity in Australia

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on Nov 27, 2008 1:44 AM

Hey everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone knew a charity in NSW, Australia. Near sydney preferably. Hmm

All the charities i find seem to be in the states. I would love to ship them to the states but i am unable to because my parents wont let me... Sad

Many thanks.

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 1
calandra wrote
on Dec 21, 2008 10:39 AM

Try Wrap with Love in Sydney,   www.artsandcraftsnsw.com.au/Wrap.htm

If that isn't what you are looking for, perhaps you could contact them and ask if they know of other charities wanting knitted goods.

I do know that Save the Children in the UK is currently asking for little knitted baby hats to be sent to their London office for low-birth-weight babies in Africa; if you google similar charities in Australia you may find requests for specific items on their websites.

Good luck in finding something or someone to knit for!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cseneque wrote
on Jan 4, 2009 3:02 AM

PrincessG:

I was just wondering if anyone knew a charity in NSW, Australia. Near sydney preferably. 

Hi PrincessG,

There's an Australian-based charity knitting group:

http://www.freewebs.com/knit4charities/

who run a Charity of the Month system with specific charities to help each month.  Many of the charities on their calendar are based in NSW.

Cheers,

Christabel

Not Ranked
Posts 6
lezlee wrote
on Jan 4, 2009 4:41 AM

Hi Princess,

There is a chemist shop in the main street at St Marys  that every year collects knitted garments for overseas charities they also take donations of wool which they give to knitters to make garments. I cant remember which one it is but I`m sure if you rang any of the chemists at St Marys they would give you the right one. Or you could try calling Leenova craft shop in St Marys and I`m sure they will know which one it is.I live near you and remember seeing an article about the chemist shop in the St Marys local paper .Its only 15 minutes to St marys from Penrith and I`m sure your Mum& Dad would run there.     Kind regards Lezlee

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS