felted shoe soles

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
lynn@5 wrote
on Nov 29, 2008 5:57 PM

Does anyone know where to purchase sole material for felted shoes?  I've found medium weight suede but wondered if that was heavy enough for baby shoes.  I also wanted to make boots for myself and wondered what type material to use for the soles of them.

Thanks,

Lynn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on Dec 2, 2008 9:55 PM

Hi Lynn...

Not sure if this will help you, but I did find these for women + men ( the men's are below the women's):

http://herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=710466

They didn't seem to have anything for babies. As I'm searching fr Canada + they have prices in both $'s...I didn't think to look @ where I was. They seemed nice + heavy but not cheap. If I run into anything else I'll keep you in mind.

Another possibility would be to look somewhere like a Dollar Store to find something similiar even in "tacky" plastic. Take out the stitching (probably NOT difficult !!!) + use it for a pattern to cut out your own fr a piece of leather. That you could probably get fr a craft store. Actually I have a older neighbor who sometimes makes leather slippers fr old leather coats to donate to charity. Sort of a moccasin style. So maybe a 2nd hand coat??? 

Take Care,   Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on Dec 10, 2008 6:35 PM

Hi again...

I found another source for suede soles today in a magazine I saw while out doing errands. They had "whole sole" ones as well as 2 pc... both to sew on... when I checked the website just now.

Take Care,   Andrea
Not Ranked
Posts 2
MaryS@2 wrote
on Jan 6, 2009 2:13 PM

Hello, Andrea!

Your posts that shared 2 websites on finding soles or sole material for slippers or shoes was a HUGE help.  Thank-you very much!  I'd been to so many stores and websites, with no luck in finding them, that I gave up and joined this forum.  Because of your information, I can finish those slippers that I promised my sisters.

Best regards,

Mary Ann

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SherrylD wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 3:28 AM

Thanks for asking this question.  It also helped me.  My daughter wanted a pair of Prarie Boots and I too searched the internet.  Found wholesalers, but I don't manufacture : ), this was of great help. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS