Problem with crochet edging on Snowflake Ornament

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
NellieB wrote
on Dec 4, 2008 1:23 PM

I am having extreme problems trying to get the written directions for the crochet edging on the Snowflake Ornament found in the A Little Something Extra Download.

I know how to crochet so I am improvising as I go along but it does not look right.

Has anyone else found a problem with it? The photo looks like there is a small picot, a large picot, a small picot and then a chain with skipping stitches as you go along the edge.

The directions have a small picot, a large picot and then straight to the chain portion.

HELP!

Nellie in CA

http://xanga.com/momwhoknits

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Dec 4, 2008 1:51 PM

Hi Nellie...

I have the pattern but haven't made it. However I just sat down w/ a pencil + paper to figure it out. I too found the directions confusing on 1st read...but did figure it out w/ a sketch. I wish all crochet patterns were in diagrams...so much easier!

Each tip does have a cluster of 3 picots: sm - lg - sm....however the 1st one you make is starting w/ a lg one...the center of a point.

* Ch 7, slip st in 1st ch is what was messing me up. Actually they mean for you to slip st in the 1st of the 7 chains...that creates your 1st big picot ( the center of your tip). Then you chain 3 + sl st in next sc (fr prev row). You've made a small picot.

What i do still find "odd" is that of the next 2 ch5's; the 1st one skips 2 sc + the 2nd ch5 skips 3sc's ????  Maybe it just works out to look even?

Then you are @ the next tip. You work a sm picot - a lg picot - a sm picot. You end up by working the final sm picot in the 1st tip where you started. It will actually look like the 1st picot in the cluster of 3.

Hope this explanation is clear enough + helps. If not...post back + say what's wrong.

I wish you many snowflakes!!!      Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 3
brendafos wrote
on Dec 3, 2011 4:07 PM

I was thinking of making the snow flake next week so I hope someone will figure this out and post a solution.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sofiazoe wrote
on Jan 24, 2014 6:17 AM

I know how to crochet so I am improvising as I go along but it does not look right.....................

sofia

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS