Infinity Wrap/ How do I...

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
knitteth wrote
on Dec 24, 2008 2:42 PM

Hello, I'm new to this sight and hoping that someone out there can help me with the project I have chosen for my reintroduction to crochet after putting down the hook 15 years ago. I really need some help figuring out the "motif" pattern directions. I have unsuccessfully made several attempts by chaining 76, making the 8 dc into the 2nd chain from hook and so on. After completing row 1 I seem to have about 68 sts instead of 74, also there never seems to be enough room to do all the stitches the pattern calls for at any time and ending with a total of 74 sts. Maybe I am not reading the directions correctly. I assume the bracketed instructions are to be completed fully 8 times as written? Than 10 sts straight and a bracketed repeat 8 times again? I understand the curve concept with increases and decreases but 8 times never seems to fit. 

I gotta say that this "Easy" design has increases my blood pressure and almost brought me to tears. I really feel stupid! 

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

crochet the right way,

knitteth

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PDBAYSIDE wrote
on Jan 16, 2009 10:30 AM

Hi Knitteth,

I remember reading about problems with the directions and found this link. Hope it helps

http://crochetme.com/forum/help-infinity-wrap-interweave-crochet-winter-2007

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Just Jo wrote
on Jan 20, 2009 8:48 PM

I know it's been almost a month since you posted this, so I'm wondering if you've had any luck with it so far?  I haven't been in the forums for a while, but when I saw your post I felt I just had to reply to it...even if it doesn't really help much.

I'm working on this project too and I'm currently on row 3 of Motif Joining.  So far so good.

I don't see any misinterpretations of the pattern in your post, and I haven't found any problem with the pattern itself, so I'm fairly stumped as to what's going wrong on your end.  The only thing I can think of is that you might be accidentally missing a few of your chains when you're doing the first row.

I do think labeling this design 'easy' was a mistake.  Anything that expects you to memorize a long sequence of stitches and then repeat it eight times should be 'intermediate' in my opinion.  I had to recount what I was doing several times and found myself counting out loud just to keep it straight.

Once again, I can only suggest that you recount your stitches; it's very easy to miscount with this pattern.  Hope this helps a little.

Oh, and if you decide this project just isn't for you and you'd rather do something else-may I suggest the Flowers for Eryn Wrap on page 66 of same issue.  It's labeled 'experienced' but I don't know why, seemed really easy for me and worked up fairly quickly too.  I guess they thought the flower motifs might be hard? I dunno.  But the shell panel by itself would make a beautiful wrap if you didn't want to mess with motifs.  Just my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS