Pfeiffer Falls Hooded Scarf Pattern - Winter 2008

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mary Jane wrote
on Dec 29, 2008 9:17 AM

Hi All

I'm a beginner knitter and am trying to knit the hooded scarf for my daughter-in-law.  I'm having a problem with the pattern and want to make sure I understand it before getting too far. I'm working on the pocket, I've done the slip stitches to the needle and the stitch holder.  The next row (ws) is the purl row which I have done.  Next I go to follow the chart assuming that the first row of the chart is the (rs) since the last row was (ws).  My question is this - the forth row of the chart is the cable row and the insert describing the cable says to knit but looking at the pattern so far I'm thinking the cable should be purled.  Have I misunderstood the pattern or is it an error.  I'm really anxious to do this project so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mary Jane

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mary Jane wrote
on Dec 30, 2008 10:56 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I figured out the pattern, of course it was "operator error", I was reading the chart wrong. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
cait wrote
on Jan 20, 2009 6:10 AM

I just started this pattern, when starting the main body of the scarf, after the pocket was done, was the right side then against the wrong side of the pocket? It looks like the right sid e and wrong side should switch when the scarf body is started.  Let me know what you did. Thanks!

Caitlin

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Heather T wrote
on Feb 1, 2009 11:32 AM

Hi Caitlin,

I just finished one side of the scarf and realized that my pocket is going to have to be on the inside instead of the outside!  I'm pretty sure I followed the directions as written, but yes, you need to skip that purl row and plunge right into the chart if you want the pocket to be on the outside.

Best,

Heather

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS