Knitting pattern

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Caron Pfyeld wrote
on Aug 20, 2012 11:36 PM

I am desperately looking for a doll Bob The Builder knitting pattern or a jumper for a 2 year old.

Hope you can helpppp!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 5:26 PM

Alan Dart has a pettern for a doll and his patterns are always fun.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bob-the-builder

or did you want to dress up a doll in different clothes? Maybe put Bob into a tux for a fabulous night our? Anyway, here's a start. Look like fun to make.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Caron Pfyeld wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 6:30 PM

That is exactly what I wanted, but I still can't see the written pattern anywhere, I joined  Ravelry and couldn't see the pattern only the picture, Im new at this, so maybe I'm missing something!!

thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 23, 2012 5:54 AM

See if you can locate a copy of the magazines the pattern appeared in on ebay or amazon:

Bob the Builder was published in the following magazines:
Woman's Weekly Craft Special, Spring 2010
Woman's Weekly, July 13, 2004 Craft Special
Woman's Weekly Home Series Knitting & Crochet Special, January 2010

also, try Googling the pattern and you'll come up with some forum discussions as well. Perhaps one of them has another idea or a copy of the pattern. For example:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/16013.asp

Good luck in your search.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 23, 2012 11:06 AM

Dear Caryn ,

I read your post and remembered that WendyJ is a real connoissier doll / toy maker. She also does Alan Dart patterns. Starting on about page 7 she has posted lots of pics of her dolls, toy animals, etc. I thought if you try to contact her she may be a source of help for you. You could try it out. Here is a copy of one of her posts from the Knitting Chat Forum under Fabulous Projects Completed Lately.  She has pics on pages 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29.   

WendyJ@4:
Hi Everyone,

Finally got the time to post a pic of my little donkeys, which are all on their way now to the Donkey Sanctuary. I can now start a couple of new projects - although haven't made my mind up which to do first.

Happy knitting take care

WendyJ@4:
Hi, Everyone

While I was browsing the web for free toy patterns I cam across this cute lemur, he is from an Alan Dart pattern, I liked him so much I stopped everything I was knitting to make him.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Rose Wilson wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 4:09 PM

Hi I have only just found this page, just wondering if you every found a Bob the builder pattern

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS