how do i make this stitch Tw2F from cn dir. says p1,k1 from cn (cable needle) this is not a increase thanks

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
cruncher wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 6:28 PM

directons:  tw2f --slip one stitch to cn, hold in front, p1,k1 from cn i know this is a cable needle but this id not a cablr pattern and it is not and increase

thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 6:29 AM

A twist stitch is a kind of mini-cable over just 2 stitches. It's a way of knitting the stitches out of order, the second stitch on the left needle, before the first stitch. Take the directions one step at a time:

slip one stitch to cn, hold in front,

p1. (the next stitch on the left hand needle)

k1 from cn (slip the stitch from the cable needle back to the left hand needle and knit it. You can also knit this stitch directly from the cable needle if you wish.)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Apbarr wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 10:00 AM

I had a pattern with T2B and T2F and it sounds similar.  Those directions were Skip first stitch, K1, P1(skipped stitch) then slip both stitches from needle.  It didn't really look right or show up clearly.  However I'm not an expert knitter. lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 3:04 PM

It's the same idea, just without the cable needle. It's actually faster without the cable needle but whatever works is fine. If you have a nubby yarn or one with changing colors or pattern it might be difficult to see. It's just a mini-cable.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS