Help on the fallen leaves scarf pattern

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
ivylinlc wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 11:11 PM

How do I knit 'insert needle from front under long B strand of Row 2 and knit next st...' ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 11:29 AM

This is the link to the pattern:  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90053AD.html

On row 2 which is a WS row, you slip 3 sts with yarn in back and this gives you a long loop of yarn on the front of the scarf. When you get to row 5, a RS row: "With second color, k1, *sl 1 wyib, insert needle from front under long B strand of Row 2 and k next st, sl 1 wyib, k1, rep from * across.", you want to use the tip of the right needle to scoop up that long strand. Do the scooping from the front to back and you'll have the loop over the right needle. Now knit the next stitch on the left needle and flip the long loop over that knit st. The loop will look like it's been pulled up from row 2 and caught in a row 5 stitch.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bretny wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 8:12 AM

could u please make a video domenstrating the" insert needle from front under long B strand of Row 2 and k
next st, sl 1 wyib, k1, rep from * across." ?? i read what u have written but still it is not clear for me

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS