THE OFFICIAL CARET + CHEVRON SOCKS KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 202 Replies | 41 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
cheezhead76 wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 12:02 AM

Hi, my name is Lisa. I am fairly new to knitting but am ready to try my hand Arab pair of socks. A little nervous but ready to jump in. I kinda splurged on my yarn and got a Knit Picks Chroma in regency a beautiful greyish purple wool/nylon blend.  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
darware wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 12:58 AM

Hi, my name is Darlene from Grand Rapids, MI. I plan on using some of my handspun alpaca for this knit along. I intend to give these socks as a gift for Christmas this year. I am looking forward to seeing how my handspun will work with this pattern (toe-up version).

Should be funto see the variation of the fawn colors worked into this project. This is 2-ply fingering weight that I spun.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
lnf13 wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 2:15 AM

Hi, I'm Lisa and I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I have downloaded the pattern but havent decided on a yarn from the stash, although I am planning to CO tomorrow. I intend to knit top down using 2.5mm DPNs.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
siamese4me wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 7:51 AM

Hi I'm Missy from NJ. On https://www.ravelry.com I'm siamese4me as well.  I'll be using http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Stroll_Sock_Yarn__D5420133.html in colors Peapod for my 15 year old daughter, Firecracker Heather for my 13 year old daughter & Dove Heather for myself. Starting with some of my stash yarn until my solid colors arrive. My first KAL & also knitting http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/i-christopher-andersons-cap for my local knitting class-my first foray into Scandanavian knits/fair isle.Hope I can do it all lol!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 10:40 AM

Dear tuckerkm,

I would suggest Knit Picks as one place to purchase your circular needles.

Sharon

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 10:42 AM

I forgot to say which yarn I chose. I've had this hand-dyed skein of sock yarn from The Sitting Tree (on etsy) for about a year, and waiting for the perfect project...it's going to be beautiful! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 11:21 AM

Finally, I found the perfect for my KAL socks. I have selected Palette, Salsa heather from Knit Picks, this is 100% Peruvian Highland wool that will require hand washing and flat drying. Which okay, because, these socks are for my friend, who hand wash all her handmade socks. It is a fingering weight yarn, with a swatch gauge, I am using size #3 double pointed needles. There are times that I'm confused by the directions. So, I actually write the pattern out fully in long hand and follow that until I have the pattern imprinted. Also, to help with the two halves, I placed the instep stitiches on two DPNs (16/17) and the heel stitches on one DPNs ( 31) to save a step further along in the pattern. Just remember, that on the two DPNs, you will need to place a stitch marker to marker the begining of the 3rd pattern repeat. This might be confusing, but for first-time knitters, this might be helpful. Now, back to the socks and the KAL.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tuckerkm wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 11:36 AM

Thanks, Sharon, but Knit Picks only offers 16" as their smallest size. I found some at jimmybeanswool.com.  started the project using my dpns for now ;-)

Not Ranked
Posts 9
prizebird wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 11:49 AM

So I finally cast on, top down, with my new sz 1 Addi Turbo Lace circular (magic loop) and have 6 rows of the cuff knit.  What a yummy combination of yarn and needle, I am looking forward to making headway on this pattern!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 12:45 PM

Dear tuckerkm,

Sorry, I had forgotten to mention Webs.com. But so glad you have found the needles.

Take care,

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 7
deneshel wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 1:42 PM

I also did the 17-31-16 set up. I prefer 3 needles and always know needle 2 is the one with all the stitches so no marker so far.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
deneshel wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 1:42 PM

I also did the 17-31-16 set up. I prefer 3 needles and always know needle 2 is the one with all the stitches so no marker so far.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
fluffy10 wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 3:56 PM

Hi!!  I'm Tammy known as fluffy10 on ravelry, and this is the first pair of socks I'll be making for myself!!  It seems that everything I make is for others so I'm really excited to get started!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Oct 10, 2012 6:54 AM

Hi, I am Margaret,  clementineknits on Ravelry, and I am going to give this a try.  I live in the NY area, and have done one knit along before, the Loop knit along for September on the Amarillo shawl, which came out beautiful.  My yarn is Tosh Sock in a subtle colorway called Steam Age (lightish gray with a little soft turquoise and rose.)  I have  size 1.5 dpns  which I bought from Webs.  They are a brand called Pony and are made of plastic.  I had bought them when I thought I was going to be on jury duty, but in the end, they didn't need me to report to the courthouse, so the needles have never been used.  I'm not normally  a fan of plastic needles, so I will see how they are.  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ctchris wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 8:20 AM

I was excited to see your needles!  I had no idea you could get needles that small to work on socks.  How do you like working with them? I regularly use double points and bought a longer needle to learn magic loop but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Was it hard to find the needles?  chris

Page 5 of 14 (203 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS