Posts 3
one woman wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 6:06 PM

Hmm

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 694
salmonmac wrote
on Oct 26, 2012 4:55 AM

I don't have this book but the projects over on Ravelry don't mention any corrections or problems. One of the people who made the scarf suggested that instead of words, the pattern could have been charted out. That makes it sounds like there shouldn't be any variation in the pattern, especially after you've worke so many rows. I also checked for errata online and don't see any listed.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
heidilea wrote
on Nov 22, 2012 7:12 PM

I am having the same problem. Row 137 seems wrong to me for sure, and this section of the pattern seems off. I didn't see a fix online, at least that I could find. The book was published this 2012 year , so maybe it just hasn't been addressed yet for corrections. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!! -HLR

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 694
salmonmac wrote
on Nov 23, 2012 5:05 AM

You could email the publisher and ask about the problem or you could pm one (or more) of the people on Ravelry who has completed it and see what they have to say.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
one woman wrote
on Nov 23, 2012 9:17 AM

Stick out tongue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 2:23 PM

Also another post which was rude & insulting was made by rondalb on November 23, 2012 @ 9:17 am. It was under title of "Need Help With Tara Scarf . . " and rondalb posted her question on October 25, 2012 - salmonmac answered her October 26, 2012 - then rondalb responds again on November 23, 2012 with her direct insult to salmonmac. But your policy states at Personal Conduct and Posting Eitquette #1(a) that: "we cannot tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Poss of this kind may be edited or deleted." Yet that posts still remains on this site.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
heidilea wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 9:16 PM

I hope you didn't think I was being rude. It sounds like a few others have also had trouble with the pattern in the English version of the book. I have written an email to the publisher and will try to remember and post a solution if/when they get back to me. Thank you! - HLR

Not Ranked
Posts 3
one woman wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 5:58 PM

Heidilea,  I had tried to email the publisher before I posted on this site.  They never responded.  So, I figured out the problems with the instructions on my own.  This is what I came up with.....Row 131 should read  K3, yo, K2tog, then continue as written.   Row 141 should read..... as written until last 4st then, yo,K2tog, K1,  (yo) twice, K1.     In other words the lace edging on both sides should always use the same pattern throughout and the only variances are the increases and decreases.  So in the section between row 131 and 142 the increases are every sixth row. 

Because I stopped this project and am only now starting up again I haven't gotten to the decreases yet, but by following the decreases as opposite of the increases I'm sure it will be easy to figure out.   It seems quite a few people on other sites have mentioned several problems with the pattern but no mention of what or how to fix them.   Hope this helps.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 7:09 PM

Hi HLR (heidilea),

Oh not at all.  You need not be concerned because you were not.  Hope your project is coming along.  Maybe once you have finished it, you would share your pic with us in Fabulous Project completed lately thread? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
take5 wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 8:56 AM

Thank you so much for posting the corrections. Let us know if you find any more.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS