What's a Girl Gotta Do to Make Some Friends Around Here?

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 12
MimsyKells wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 2:46 AM

Hello Knitting Daily Community,

I've been a member a couple weeks now-more-or-less, and while I admit I've learned to be as private a person as I may online, I'd love a few friends to "pal-around" with. If there are any takers, please respond to this post.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 12:06 PM

Hi Mimsy,

Sorry I've not answered before. I saw your previous post but the moment I was answering it, something happened that made me sign out. You can make friends here with anybody you want. The only thing you have to do is to make a question on anything you have a doubt about your current project. It would be better if it is from any magazine by Interweave. Although, you can also make questions about any other publication as long as you give everybody enough information to get help. There is a thread that is called "Fabulous projects finished lately?" : http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/857.aspx , where knitters join to share thier latest projects posting pictures of them, so as information about them like: where you took the pattern from, the yarn you used to knit it, the stitch pattern, and anything else you want to share with us. Some of the members of that thread have been friends since long time ago and have become very close. If you want, you can read the thread from the first post, that way you can decide if you want to join us. Or just make a post there. We also have another thread that is called "Hats Crazy": http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/5563.aspx . We share a lot of things. I am sure you will fall in love with those threads. The ones who post there love our threads very much, and you will be welcome if you want to join us.

I hope you have your request answered.

Welcome to Knitting Daily, Mimsy!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
MimsyKells wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 8:55 PM

Hello Merlich:)

Thank you so much for your reply! Would it be cool to add you as a friend? I would love to write about or ask questions about Interweave projects I've finished and/or am working on. My problem is that I am currently so unemployed as to have literally not a cent to my name. I have however, been perusing the free patterns and looking for things I can knit using only the stash I managed to keep while I still had an income. My problem however, is that so far, I've not found any patterns that will match the yarn and the sizes of needles I have.

It also strikes me that with as many posts as you've written, you could possibly help me find my way around the free patterns so I am able to join in the fun if I told you about the yarn I have and the needle sizes I own? I would be ever so grateful for some help. It's not fun to be a wall-flower--especially while watching something you positively love go on all around you. (I know, "boo hoo." But, that is exactly the way I've been feeling lately.)

Please let me know if you can help. Maybe you can find me a super nice hat pattern? Since it sounds like the "Hatz Crazy" thread would be the place for me to start.

Thank you so much:)

--Mimsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 1:11 AM

Hi Mimsy,

I am glad you want to add me as a friend. Thank you very much! I'll be waiting for your invitation!!!

I need to know the yarn-weight you want to use to make your hat. Generally, you don't need more than 100g to make one. Of course, it depends on the stitch pattern you want to use. Cables and eyelets are the stitch patterns that consume more yarn. If you don't have enough yarn of the same colour you can match it with another one, as long as they are the same yarn-weight.

Any question you may have, somebody else might have had it before. There is a search engine at the right top corner under your user's name, you can write the subject and it will take you to a lot of possible answers. It doesn't matter if you use the engine or not, you can take part in any thread you want, any time you want. Here everybody is very friendly and helpful, feel yourself at home.

Don't feel that bad if you are currently unemployed. Wake up early every morning, have a shower, make up yourself, do your hair, smile and be happy. That way you will attract good things and soon, you will get a new job. Just remember there is a lot of people in the same situation you are, so be smart and the most important thing— be yourself. Fight for the things you want don't forget to smile, no matter what.

I'll be waiting for you... We all be waiting for you here at Knitting Daily!!

Take care,

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
MimsyKells wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 3:45 AM

I apologize for so instantly reneging on my offer of friendship, but I instantly regretted the decision to add you as a friend and I've learned to play things by my "gut" reactions concerning people, places, and things; especially those online.

I do not intend to offend you. I just can't afford any more disasters like I've suffered in the past six months because I was my own true self who wished to see all people and all things for who the could be and to take people on the potential I saw in them--despite what my gut reaction was. I've learned my mind is wiser than my heart and my heart needs to be kept silent at all costs.

See you around the web, likely as not.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 11:43 AM

Do not worry, I am not a soul investigator. I just accepted you as a knitting friend. But I don't mind if you regret. If it is ok for you, it is ok for me too. The thigs I told you were about to help you get a new job. Here you only say the things you want to share with others. There's no need to marry people, just to be kind and help others in need.

Bye, bye.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 12:38 PM

Dear Mimsy,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with people on line.  One thing I have found since I joined the Knitting Daily family is a lot of friends, help and genuinely funny moments.  We are who we are, a little goofy, crazy about knitting, yarn and just generally down to earth people.  When my home was threatened this last summer by wildfires, my email box was flooded with good wishes and concerns from all my knitting buddies here at Knitting Daily.  It made me feel good to know that there were people out there who cared.

Most of us here are like myself, someone who has enjoyed the needle arts for many years or are what we affectionately refer to as "knitting newbies".  We are here to help, encourage and answer questions.  Stick around for a while and you will find that we are just who we say we are. 

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

PS, if you are curious, feel free to click on my avatar and check out my bio.  I can also be found at Ravalry under the name knoteeknittin.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
puntzi wrote
on Oct 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Hi! there,

Just sent a friend request to you.

Debbie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Debbie McL wrote
on Jan 8, 2014 11:01 AM

I would love to be friends with you..I am always on the internet..I love to knit and crochet..right now I am preparing to do a hat, mitt and scarf set for my grandson..my only problem is trying to figure out how to keep the scarf from curling.  I just finished one for my son's girlfriend and the edges were done with a knit 2 purl 1 border..I thought that might keep it from curling, but it didn't..Sad

So how about you, where are you from?  What are you working on??

I am from Manotick, ON, CA

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS