Need help figuring out what stitch this is?

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Crtash23 wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 3:33 PM

My husbands grandmother used this stitch exclusively. She wrote down her 'secret stitch' for me, but I can't figure out her directions. I remember she did something that looked kind of like a double crocet of some sort, but also worked in back loops.?

She passed away a few years ago and I was the only one in my husbands family she shared this stitch with.  I would love to figure this out and try to teach it to my MIL( grandmas daughter)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!  Sorry it is so big :-/

Thanks in advance!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
MimsyKells wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 7:01 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. And even more sorry that I have nothing more useful to offer than my condolences. Peace be with you and your family.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 5:13 AM

What exactly are the directions for the stitch.  There is a wide variety of knitters here so someone might be able to help you.  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Crtash23 wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 9:46 AM
It's a crochet stitch, but this is what she wrote: THE P hook goes over the thread to draw up tread into each stitch. There is a chain stitch at the end of each row. Put the hook under the bottom stitch then use the first thread only of the top stitch. Leave the other half for the bottom stitch going back. For finishing row take both top threads.
Not Ranked
Posts 1
DarkTree wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 1:55 PM

Maybe tunisian crochet.

It seems like she describe the simple stitch of tunisian crochet. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Crtash23 wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 4:17 PM

Is there a way to post a picture on here? I could post a picture of what this looks like.

With the Tunisian stitch isn't it different on both sides? This pattern is the same on both.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 7:12 PM

Hi I see that the directions I posted to you yesterday didn't go through for some reason, so here goes again.  This is the way to post a pic

Kathleen Cubley:

Hi KALers!

Here's how you upload photos:

1. Click on the little green filmstrip icon (near the yellow smily-face icon) above the text area. This will bring up a box labeled "Insert Media." There are three tabs on top; stay on the "From Computer" tab (unless you're uploading a photo from a website or something).

2. Click the "browse" button on the right side of the box. Choose your photo file from your computer and double click on it.

3. Click the "insert" button and, like magic, your photo will appear.

Questions? Please reply to this post.

Kathleen

So I was about to ask you to put a pic up and then you were asking how to do that.  I think if we can see a sample of her work, we could help you out. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS