Information

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
duncta wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 3:27 AM

A work collegue of mine found this item amongst her late mother's crafting items.  So far we have been unable to identify it or its use.  Can anyone help please? The diameter of the circle is approx 3 inches and the suspended bit rotates 360 degrees.

Many thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 4
duncta wrote
on Dec 20, 2012 6:37 AM

I have found the answer through very helpful people on the ravelry site.  It is a Wrist Yarn Holder.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Dec 20, 2012 7:44 PM

Thank you so much for posting the answer. I had no idea what it could be!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 20, 2012 9:15 PM

Hi,

Would you please explain how it does work?  I wonder why the attachment that looks like an arrow of some sort.  What does it do? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
duncta wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 3:15 AM

Hi, according to the information I have been able to find on the internet, and the readers at ravelry, you place the yarn on the 'pointed end' with a cardboard or metal disc underneath to support the yarn (obviously missing from my friend's item); the loop then goes over the wrist and yo can walk around knitting/crocheting etc. without worrying about losing the yarn. Neat eh!

I/ve copied the information below from the web for you:

Lacis Wrist Yarn Ball Holder

Worn on the wrist, it holds your yarn while you knit, crochet or tat. Great for when you don't have a lot of space to spread out, or when you want to knit on the go.

To use, insert the pin through the center of the skein or cake and place the point of the pin into the disk's center with slight pressure.

When using a cake of yarn, be sure to use the yarn from the outside of the skein, not center pull.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 1, 2013 4:49 AM

thank u for given information, really i need it, i have same type of problem occure......

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS