Mystery knitting pattern

This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Rhondavous wrote
on Dec 2, 2012 12:15 PM

Hi there

I've been searching for a knitting pattern for years, which (it's hard to describe) looks like (actually IS) 3-dimensional points or pyramids. I finally found and purchased an item knitted in this pattern, in hopes of figuring it out. But, i think it's too: a)small, and b)hard for me to deconstruct.  I have a photo of the pattern but I can't figure out how to upload it to this post.  Can you, or anyone, help me with this?  I can send a photo to anyone who wants to see what I'm talking about, and maybe we can finally figure this out.

thanks so much

Rhondavous

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 3, 2012 1:10 PM

Hi Rhonda, 

Here is an explanation of how to upload your photo here. 

Kathleen Cubley:

Hi KALers!

Here's how you upload photos:

1. Click on the little green filmstrip icon (near the yellow smily-face icon) above the text area. This will bring up a box labeled "Insert Media." There are three tabs on top; stay on the "From Computer" tab (unless you're uploading a photo from a website or something).

2. Click the "browse" button on the right side of the box. Choose your photo file from your computer and double click on it.

3. Click the "insert" button and, like magic, your photo will appear.

Questions? Please reply to this post.

Kathleen

Looking forward to seeing the pic. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Rhondavous wrote
on Dec 4, 2012 8:41 AM

Hi Kathleen 

Well, I'm able to choose the photo from my files, but when I hit "insert" nothing happens. Of course, if I hit the "cancel" button on the same window, it works great!

I'll try on my laptop, instead of my iPad. Hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for the upload info.

Renee (aka Rhondavous)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Rhondavous wrote
on Dec 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Let's try this.  I know this is machine knit, probably 000 needles or something line that.  Can you tell it's 3-dimensional pattern?

THANKS for whatever help you can give me.

Renee (aka Rhondavous)

Renee (Rhondavous).

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Barry Wallce wrote
on Dec 4, 2012 7:14 PM

is that for a blouse? 

maybe if you tell us what it is...

we can help you find the pattern Renee.

you got me curious now...

Big Smile

-------------------------------

Barracuda Webfilter

Not Ranked
Posts 5
birdygirl wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 12:50 AM

This looks like it's a folded domino square. Google "Vivian Hoxboro" or mitered squares or 3D mitered squares. Sorry, but I don't have any patterns for this but this an an old technique that's very poplar in Scandinavian countries so there should be info out there which would give you the technique. I hope this helps in your search.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 3:12 PM

Hi Renee,

I came across this 3 dimensional pattern while browsing.  I thought it may interest you.  Just a guess.  I am not suggesting it is the same as the pattern pic that you are searching for, but it is interesting.  Glad you successful uploading your pics here too!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
birdygirl wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 11:42 AM

MYSTERY SOLVED!

There's a pattern for a felted domino square purse in "Knitting Daily Workshop Domino Knitting with Vivian Hoxboro DVD" on this site.

You may have another project in mind but this will give you the technique to produce the 3 dimensional points. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
birdygirl wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 11:53 AM

no message

Not Ranked
Posts 5
birdygirl wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 12:19 PM

MYSTERY SOLVED!!

http://www.interweavestore.com/Knitting/DVDs-Videos/Knitting-Daily-Workshop-Domino-Knitting-with-Vivian-Hoxbro-DVD.html

The pattern is on this DVD. It's the felted purse. You didn't indicate what you wanted to make, but this would give you the technique for knitting the points.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS