Valentine Sachet Pattern

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karen@10 wrote
on Jan 14, 2009 8:54 AM

I was in my local knitting store and they had a beautiful display of Koigu yarns with a sample knitted heart sachet with a note saying that this pattern was from interweave.com. I have searched every possible place on their site from free patterns to purchased ones, and no pattern! Does anyone have it to share or know the exact location to purchase one?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on Jan 14, 2009 8:30 PM

Hi Karen...

The only thing I can tell you is that it was somehow "connected" to the Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits. Not sure if it was in the magazine or a web bonus?  Perhaps if you or a friend have that issue...you could check. I'm missing that one so can't. Maybe try your local library? If they don't have it...maybe they can get it in.

If not...go back to the store + take a close look @ the sample. It's only a bunch of mitered sqs. If you look @ the sample...you can "scribble" a layout diagram + find a mitred sqs pattern elsewhere to use. It will be close. I did make it quite awhile back...it's cute...but a lot more labour intensive than it looks. I remember it started w/ the bottom sqs: 1 then 2nd joined as you knit...then build upwards..joining as you go. I used Kroy sock yarn + probably a 2.5 mm N...not what was called for. I'm looking @ mine as I write.

Good Luck....Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karen@10 wrote
on Jan 15, 2009 11:35 AM

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your directions. I will try and see if any of my knitting acquaintances still have that issue. I've e-mailed Interweave Knits to see if they can source it out for me, maybe even feature it again on their site for Valentine's. I am just learning how to knit, so I will see if the knitting group that I belong to can assist me with this,

Thanks again!

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 13
AnnL wrote
on Feb 20, 2009 7:00 PM

Hi Karen,

The pattern you are looking for was a free download some time ago. The pattern was by Vicki Sever.  Not all patterns "stay" on the website indefinitely.

Ann

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Marian@2 wrote
on May 26, 2009 10:00 AM

I have the interweave heart pattern.  Do you want me to scan it for you or have you already got it.  It was fun and easy.  Marian

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Marian@2 wrote
on May 26, 2009 10:20 AM

Oops, I guess I can't scan the pattern to you but I will tell you exactly what issue it's in:

Interweave Knits, Holiday Gifts, 2006 issue page 20.  Sorry, I should have read the Forum's Rules first.  Marian

Not Ranked
Posts 12
FaiWay wrote
on Aug 3, 2009 4:21 PM

http://img2.tapuz.co.il/forums/1_112223307.pdf                Here is a link to the pattern it seems to be availeble and this IS an interweave link. Found it by googling it under vicke severs heart sachet.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS