Crochet Help!

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
slmraisen wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 7:44 PM

I'm trying to make this amazing sand-dollar afghan for a Christmas present but I'm seriously stuck on the directions. I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Here are the part of the directions I don't understand:

RND 3: Ch3, dc over side edge of hdc joining, *ch1, fpdc around single dc between shells, dc in top of same dc, fpdc around post of same dc...

RND 4: ch 3, dc over side edge of hdc joining, *ch1, fpdc around next fpdc, 3 dc in next dc, fpdc, ch1.....

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Agbert1968 wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 6:20 PM

What part of it do you not understand?

Also, where did you get your pattern? I may want to buy a copy and make it myself, Maybe I could help with pics etc.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
slmraisen wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 10:05 PM

I got the pattern from a book called  "quick stitch crochet afghans" by carol alexander. It has the most beautiful afghans. I think if you go on amazon you can buy it for really cheap. My question about the pattern is this: on round 3 i understand how to do the 1st fpdc. But when it says dc in top of same dc, does that mean the same dc from the single dc or does that mean the dc i just created with the fpdc? and then the next step that says fpdc around post of same dc, which dc is it talking about? Thanks for your help!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
slmraisen wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 10:05 PM

I got the pattern from a book called  "quick stitch crochet afghans" by carol alexander. It has the most beautiful afghans. I think if you go on amazon you can buy it for really cheap. My question about the pattern is this: on round 3 i understand how to do the 1st fpdc. But when it says dc in top of same dc, does that mean the same dc from the single dc or does that mean the dc i just created with the fpdc? and then the next step that says fpdc around post of same dc, which dc is it talking about? Thanks for your help!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 138
chewchew wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 9:25 AM

If I'm reading it right all the stitches are done around the single dc between shells. 

So fpdc around the single dc, then dc in that single dc, then fpdc into that single dc again. 

I hope this makes sense and helps.  Good luck with the afghan. 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Agbert1968 wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 9:56 AM

I like the stitch diagram! Two thumbs up!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Agbert1968 wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 9:57 AM

ChewChew,

how did you create the diagram?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 138
chewchew wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 10:03 AM

I used Microsoft paint. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
slmraisen wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 7:07 PM

Thanks! I have another question that I forgot fo mention before. When thedirections say to dc over side edge of hdc, does the side edge mean the back loop? Plus I'm left handed so should that make a difference? 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS