Arrowhead Camisole woes

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
JHodge wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 10:40 AM

In the Summer 2012 issue of Knitting Daily, the Arrowhead Camisole pattern is shown where the first stitch is "sl 1 kwise wyb on RS; sl 1 pwise wyf on WS".  I must be doing something wrong because it looks like I never actually knit or purl the first stitch on the right-hand side of the pattern.  I've looked up how to do the stitch, and I have that right, but I must be interpreting the pattern wrong.  The left-hand side looks great.  Can anyone help?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 669
salmonmac wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 6:02 AM

You should be slipping the first stitch at the beginning of the row on both the righthand and lefthand sides. That way the stitch is knit or purled at the end of each row. So slip at the beginning of a row, knit or purl the last stitch of the row.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JHodge wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 10:41 AM

Thank you for replying.  I'm still confused when I look at the pattern.  The pattern has a lowercase v in the cells that are supposed to be slipped.  In row 1 and all the odd-numbered rows the v is in the first stitch (right-hand side of the pattern), and in row 2 and all the odd numbered rows the v is in the last stitch (the left-hand side of the pattern).  Your answer only makes sense if for the odd-numbered rows, the v stitch is the first stitch in the row and not the last.  Not sure if I'm making sense or not.  At any rate, I'm trying to implement what you said - only slipping the stitch at the start of every row.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS