Invisible cast-on in round

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
pic6465 wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 12:55 PM

During the tv episode 907, Eunny demonstrated an invisible cast-on for knitting in the round when discussing the Amstel Hat pattern.  I recorded that episode on my DVR and made my first hat.  It was WONDERFUL.  Unfortunately, that recording was accidently deleted and I cannot find the instruction for that techniquie ANYWHERE.  The Amstel hat pattern has instructions for a different type of cast-on.  PLEASE POST THE VIDEO OF THAT TECHNIQUIE ON THE WEBSITE.  Does anyone know how to do it?  Please help.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Agbert1968 wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:08 PM

I think I found one. It's not Eunny, but it's titled invisible cast-on. It even includes a method for using a circular needle. Kinda neat :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvQzBpReH4

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pic6465 wrote
on Dec 14, 2012 7:14 AM

Thank you for trying to find it for me.  This is not the same one I'm looking for.  The one I'm looking for did not require a waste yarn and was SIMILAR in  style (though NOT the same) and  as simple as the Norwegianand long-tail cast-on techniques.  No waste yarn.  No picking up stitches.  Just a simple cast on using one needle and your working yarn.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pic6465 wrote
on Dec 14, 2012 10:34 PM

I bought a copy of the episode it was on through the website and found the answer to my question.  Thank you.  If anyone is interested in learning it, it was worth the $2. I spent to buy it.  EASY!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Sweet One wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 2:32 PM

I also thought this was the best way when I saw this repeat episode in Feb 2013, and unfortunately did not have time to record.   Please let me know how  you got the recording that you purchased.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS