dropped stitch question

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Dec 13, 2012 2:35 PM

Hey everyone, 

I am in the middle of making a hat and I just noticed that I dropped a stitch about ten rows ago before I started decreasing. Now there is a loop sticking out for the stitch, but no ladder forming above it. Is there any way to fix this without unravelling all my work? I hope my explanation makes sense I am new to knitting. Thanks! I tried to take a pic of it, not sure if you can see the loop though.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 4:04 PM

hi,

take a crochet hook and catch the loop, going up to next row pull it up and then loop the next ladder thru and so forth til you reach the top.  If you gently stretch your fabric you'll see the ladders.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 640
salmonmac wrote
on Dec 14, 2012 4:57 AM

ZassZ's suggestion is ideal. If your kntting becomes too tight to do this all the way to the needle, you can thread a small length of yarn through the loop, pull the ends to the back of the knitting and weave them in. It'll prevent the loop from slipping out and laddering down further. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS